Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cesc out of this one, followed by the sad news about Walcott during the week so Wenger will have to do some altering to the side. Few questions as to who will play wide midfield, the more attacking of the CM's and whether yet again we start the match with one upfront with support coming from behind. Still doubts whether Eboue will be fit for this game. If he starts it will hopefully be at RB.

Man.City look to have plenty of goals in their side but they are down the table due to leaking too many. So this match could see some goals in it.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
City are exactly the same as us, so it will be two shit teams with a couple of good attacking players trying to outscore each other.

It all depends for me on what Wenger does in midfield. His team selection with regard to the midfield has been woeful at times this season and it's cost us games. Whoever he picks, the midfield needs to be balanced. Please.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Likely line-up

Almunia

Song----Gallas----Silvestre----Clichy

Ramsey----Diaby-----Denilson----Nasri

RVP----Ade

Subs: Fabianski, Bendtner, Djourou, Wilshere, Vela, Gibbs and Gavin Hoyte

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Play the kids. And let's sell gallas in january.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Playing Nasri in Cesc's role is his favoured position, and the position he dominated in while in France. I'd love to see him play there when Cesc is injured. Though it's sad we wouldn't have anyone to play on the left if that was the case. It's a shame Rosicky is made out of glass.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Uh, Kastro, Vela?

·
Registered
42,987 Posts
It's true, we're in so much strife; then again, City aren't exactly so balanced themselves...

Well, thinking about lack of balance. For some reason I have that Somali pirate story in my head and I have the idea in my head that the players will be tossed overboard. Of course there's that potential for either set.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
blimey, how uncreative is our midfield going to be without Cesc, it's been clueless most of the time lately with him, this could be a real horror show.

I say play little Jack Wilshire, at least he tries to beat his man and make things happen.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
You're winning this one, Man City will implode.

Robinho will get a goal early, and they'll be like "OMG we iz best", and then have a player sent off, allowing you to score 3.
isn't that what happened with Chelski? and now you're predicting the same score line? :howler:

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.