Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noone expected us to go 4-1-2 with our schedule but that's football and we've got to compensate for it now. Anything less than three points here and it's probably too deep a hole to dig ourselves out from as far as the title is concerned. In fact, our next four matches against Everton, West Ham, Spurs and Stoke are all must-win games. There is no more room left for mistakes.

There is a two-week International break before this game, hopefully noone will return injured. AW said Diaby will be in contention for this game. I am looking forward to him partnering Cesc in the middle. Song and Denilson are good players with potential but they're simply not ready now.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The time for Diaby is now. He is such an exciting talent, I hope the injuries respect him now as it's been hell for him the last two years. I think he can develop into a Patrick Vieira caliber player for us with time, all the raw ingredients are there. He'd also be important for us in set-pieces, especially when defending corner-kicks with his 6'3 frame.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
we're going to lose this game. i can just see it happening. we look like absolute shit. we havent been winning any tough games apart from against bolton. every other big win we've had looks like the other side has been absolute shit (blackburn, newcastle, porto, etc).

i honestly think we're going to lose this game 2-0. i am confident we will play just as shit as we did this week.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
You're being ever so slightly pessimestic, aren't you? It's a home game, and Everton are no Hull City, so we should expect a victory here.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Another thing I like about Diaby is that he also is another goal threat in the team. I'm all for Diaby playing in the middle as long as he's disciplined enough to know when to dribble and when to pass. Whenever he has played he has been caught out on a number of occasions of holding onto the ball a bit too long.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
You're being ever so slightly pessimestic, aren't you? It's a home game, and Everton are no Hull City, so we should expect a victory here.
i've always expected victory, but instead we get to watch 11 arsenal players let sunderland and hull city walk over us.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Another thing I like about Diaby is that he also is another goal threat in the team. I'm all for Diaby playing in the middle as long as he's disciplined enough to know when to dribble and when to pass. Whenever he has played he has been caught out on a number of occasions of holding onto the ball a bit too long.
Didn't that stem from him trying to be a silky winger? I doubt he'll be doing his infamous mazy runs from the middle of the pitch. Shame that, he is a true artist.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I think he will. I remember when he first signed that he had a great ability to skip past people even when being played in the middle. I'm not against him doing it at all, just that I hope he understands when to do it and when not too because he does get caught out at times.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
lol, i think we will win after international break, the players should realise now what they have to do after the last two results, and if they don't then they dont deserve it anyway.
yes our side needs to wake the fff up and get their game on, but will they? i dont see it happening! RVP is shooting blanks, adebayor isnt getting the best opportunities to score, wingers are non-existant, midfield is getting mixed up of their duties, defenders not closing down tossers who score wonder-fcuking goals against us and we're absolute crap in the air.

i think we have a lot of problems to address RIGHT NOT and i think if we dont address them we wont win anything this season.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Expect victory with the change back to 4-4-2. Create more chances and hopefully be clinical in front of goal. All about whether we start from the blocks quickly. Another performance where we look slow and disjointed in the first half and go in at halftime 0-0 just encourages the opposition. You have to be confident against a side that struggles against Newcastle. They can be a pain and stick in there but only if we give them that chance. Yakubu looks like a waste of space for them on the games I've seen him play this season.

@ Mo. Have you come round to be a Diaby fan? You were quite critical of him last season.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ Mo. Have you come round to be a Diaby fan? You were quite critical of him last season.
That's because last season he always played on the wing, whereas now we're talking of him as a central midfielder. I quite like him as a DM, but as a winger I can't stand him. He thinks he is Maradona.

·
Registered
211 Posts
^^^
u r r8,
in the wing he makes me sick!!
but as a Dm he`s the best in the squad

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I'm still sceptical on Diaby. He's physically stronger than Denilson and Song and will provide more of a presence in the middle of the park, and he's undoubtedly a skillful player, but I don't think he has the footballing intelligence of those two players and I don't think he's suddenly going to get it just by being moved into a position where he's more comfortable.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
I dont think he will be fit to play 90 mins here and Denilson should'nt be dropped. He has 3 goals and 4 assists this season and has been one of our best players.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Denilson has done well offensively. The question mark over him is whether he is strong enough and has enough presence to protect our back four and the goal when the opposition have more of the ball and put us under pressure in our own half. Also his passing has been very suspect in a few games. Cheaply giving the ball away in dangerous areas in the middle of the park.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'd like to see the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey, and Merida feature in the Premiership more. Highly anticipating the match vs. Wigan in the Carling Cup...this will prove to Wenger that they're more than ready and should be in contention with the "first" team members for places in the side.

With Eboue now playing right back due to Sagna's injury...and perhaps Wenger may not start with Walcott on the right due to internationals...could we see a debut start in the Premiership for Wilshere. Personally, I think he's more than ready for it going by his Carling Cup performance and the last two reserve matches.

-------------------Alumina------------------
Eboue--------Toure----Djouoru--------Clichy
Wilshere--------Cesc---Denilson------Nasri
------------------Bendtner----------------
---------------Ade/Vela--------------------

Personally...I'm getting sick of the inconsistency of Van Persie and Adebayor partnership. It's been crap.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Denilson has done well offensively. The question mark over him is whether he is strong enough and has enough presence to protect our back four and the goal when the opposition have more of the ball and put us under pressure in our own half. Also his passing has been very suspect in a few games. Cheaply giving the ball away in dangerous areas in the middle of the park.
agreed, but Denilson is just a young lad in terms of central midfield, Cesc's don't come along every day who can play like they are 30 years old, Wengers midfield decisons this summer already look like they were as ridiculous as most of us said at the time.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts