Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's only three games into the new season and we're already looking at our second fixture following an International break - and once again it is away from home. The bulk of the International players do not return to training until Thursday - giving them only 48 hours to prepare - so how quickly the squad recovers physically, regroups and focuses on this fixture will most likely influence the quality of our performance. It is a shame because the display at home to Newcastle was top-notch, it will be difficult to replicate that here due to the aforementioned conditions, but the most important thing is the three points.

Carlos Vela is unlikely to be available due to a WC qualifier in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico on September 10.

None of the injured players are back so we really can't afford to have players returning from NT duty injured, not least Robin Van Persie.

Emmanuel Adebayor needs to get on the scoresheet in this game.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Talking about internationals.

Gallas looked dodgy as fvck in France's 3-1 loss to Austria. France conceded 2 goals from two identical set pieces. High lobs into the box. Sagna played right back and Sam was on the left.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
when is Rosicky the cvnt back??? didn't Wenger say Mid Sept. for fak sakes..

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
This will be a big test, glad it's not on tv
thats pretty funny how its not Broadcast in England but is shown live here down under.. :happy:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Talking about internationals.

Gallas looked dodgy as fvck in France's 3-1 loss to Austria. France conceded 2 goals from two identical set pieces. High lobs into the box. Sagna played right back and Sam was on the left.
I'm convinced they're deliberately trying to get Domenech sacked.

How the hell that guy can keep his job after their woeful Euro 2008 performance really is a mystery. Everyone else would get the boot.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts

How the hell that guy can keep his job after their woeful Euro 2008 performance really is a mystery. Everyone else would get the boot.
ye they said they kept him based on the world cup 2006 final appearance.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts

I really don't care about Domenech. I care about Gallas being weak in the air. He was the most experienced player in that back four and he was quite shit at organizing it. I know Ince will look at those free kicks and I won't be surprised if he has Gamst Pedersen lobbing balls into the area the same way.

·
Registered
211 Posts
it will be a difficult game,
last season we draw 1-1 because of the stupid jens,
this time we have to win it,
we shouldnt lose points and we have to take advantage this week,
because the Manu V LFC, Man city V Chelsea

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We'll draw unfortunately.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We'll draw unfortunately.
In a weekend that pits our rivals against each other, a draw would be disastrous. Still, we should be in a decent position to win. I am delighted Clichy played zero minutes for France so far, he's such an influential player for us. RvP and Sagna appear to be unscathed at this point in time, although there are another 90 minutes to come. I read that Santa Cruz is a doubt for Blackburn, he missed the Paraguay game at the weekend I believe.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
£10 says that van Persie will score.
£10 says that van Persie won't make it out on the field.

seems more realistic.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
But of course. :rollani:

Why, just why, can't something go our way for once? It's like we're constantly having shit dumped down us.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
More like we are swimming in it and we can't seem to get out.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
1 - 20 of 112 Posts