Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Sky
It seems almost unthinkable that Arsenal could bow to a third defeat in seven days when they host Birmingham on Saturday - but only six weeks ago it was fairly hard to believe they would lose at all.

A breathtaking injury-time strike by Neil Mellor condemned Arsenal to a second league defeat of the season last Sunday, and The Gunners' youthful reserves were expelled from the Carling Cup by a similarly under-strength Manchester United team in midweek.

Manager Arsene Wenger has confessed that the ill form worries him, but will be hopeful that Birmingham's own patchy form, combined with a still formidable record at home, will buoy The Gunners to a much-needed win.

Jermaine Pennant and Robin van Persie are the latest players to join a lengthy injury list that also includes Dennis Bergkamp, Edu and Gilberto Silva.

Pascal Cygan has been ruled out but England international Sol Campbell will add much-needed steel to the defence.

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce is another that has been frustrated with recent form.

Blues have thrown away a half time lead in heir last two Premiership matches, and memory of last month's victory over Liverpool is already fading.

The loss of the impressive Mario Melchiot at half time severely hampered Blues against Norwich last week, and the former Chelsea man is a doubt for Saturday's game.

Muzzy Izzet will face a late check on his knee problem, whilst Stan Lazaridis is also doubtful with his hamstring problem.

Julian Gray missed the Norwich game, but has shaken off his illness and has been declared fit.

----------------

I think Blues will lose, as they are still to gel this season as they did last. Too many changes in personel.

3-1 Gunners!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was close 3-0 to the Gunners.

Cant say that I really expected Blues to get anything out of this, and I expect most Blues fans didn't either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts