Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Ephesus(is that how it said in Turkish?) for a day, can anyone suggest some things to see when I am there.

In the future I plan to fully visit Turkey, maybe even see some Turkish football, but as of now I will be on a cruise and one port is Ephesus.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
I went to Ephesus 4 years ago and can't remember a thing. :D

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Im sure that your'e cruise boat is porting in Kusadasi and you will be spending a day at Efes. Efes is about 30 mins from Kusadasi (I did the drive this past summer). One of the main attractions there is the ancient city of Efes which was the second largest city in the Roman Empire. There are a few nice places to see while you are in the ancient city. I would reccomend the Theatre and Celcus library which are located inside the ancient city. You can also walk down the main st of the ancient city where alot of buildings, structures, and monuments/sculptures are still preserved. Your best bet would be to arrange a tour guide which they have available at the ancient city (where you purchase your tix) and have that person explain everything to you. You will enjoy your visit.. if you have any other questions msg me and ill help you out.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I went there this year and it was quite interesting to imagine how it was all those years ago. Very intersting if you like your history. I went while staying in Kusadasi and it was a day trip.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
If you go to Efes, visit Necropolis! frightening!

And in all honesty; old ruins all look the same after a while. So if you are gonna go for the 'cultural' tour. Go Efes and no where else :D

And make sure you have a good tour guide!

And there will be people wanting to take your pics. This isn't free but usually you get a nice picture (obviously if you are not ugly).

The best bit IMO is the Roman toilets! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts