Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what god ronaldo has to say about jealous haters like pele and platini:

"Troubled Brazil forward Ronaldo launched an astonishing attack on two of football's legends, Pele and Michel Platini, in Sunday's edition of Brazilian newspaper O Globo.

The overweight and under-fire Real Madrid galactico branded Pele, commonly regarded as the greatest player ever, as a "two-bob opportunist" and hit out at European legend Platini as "jealous".

Ronaldo's outburst comes after his latest failing on the football field. He started Saturday's vital league match at Valencia on the bench but came on in the second half only to have a penalty saved.

The striker has already spent much of the season under fire from Real's expectant fans and Madrid's demanding media.

"At the World Cup, I will make a lot of people eat their words," declared a defiant Ronaldo, showing more fight than he has been accused of displaying in the white shirt of his club.

"I was disappointed with Pele, he's a two-bob opportunist," added Ronaldo, who proceeded to allude that the great goalscorer would be better off looking after his family amid allegations his son is involved in a drug trafficking scandal.

"I care nothing for Platini. I have a French teammate friend (Zinedine Zidane) who has surpassed everything he ever did and he has always told me that Platini is jealous."

After denigrating two of the world's greats, Ronaldo then somewhat ironically, added: "All I want is for people to treat me with respect and that is not what is happening.

"I am not saving myself for the World Cup. I want to do a lot to arrive in Germany full of confidence. I want to rediscover my happiness."

Ronaldo's outburst will further sew the seeds of discontent at Madrid which is already reeling from a period of instability with changes at the top.

The club have a temporary coach and club president Florentino Perez quit his post earlier this month, with the inevitability of another season without a trophy following their midweek Champions League defeat to Arsenal and a huge deficit to Barcelona in the league."

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
He missed the opportunity to stay quiet and acted like the big spoilt baby he is. Superb player but has a brain with the size of a peanut.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Pele said it was not what he meant to say, yet he attacked Pele again.
Ronaldo lost the opportunity to shut up. "Ronaldo calado é um poeta".
Great idea from Ronaldo. In the time he is being more criticized ,he decides to exchange words with the most loved football player in Brasil.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
And he said this generation can make us forget Pele's generation. :tongue: :tongue:
Ronaldo is also getting crazy.
Son, I love you as a player. But no one will make us forget someone that was twice the player you are (not in terms of size of course).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really doubt pele was twice the player ronaldo is..... ronaldo in barcelona was not far from pele

·
Registered
753 Posts
brazil_forever1 said:
i really doubt pele was twice the player ronaldo is..... ronaldo in barcelona was not far from pele
Are you insane? Pelé was much better than Ronaldo, and if Ronaldo doesn't think so he has to keep this very personal opinion to himself. Saying that his generation can "make forget that of Pelé" was a very unhappy way of saying that his generation can maybe match that one, a questionable opinion, because that generation not only won 3 world cup titles to a country that hadn't won anything so far and still suffered with the frustration of 1950, making it the greatest football nation in the world all of a sudden, but they also gave us the best football team ever, the Brazil of 1970. It was very disrespectful...I'll never forget the glorious generation of Pelé.

Ronaldo has been playing very bad for quite a while now, and what he's getting in return is what was expected, even though sometimes it's cruel. His denial of the weight question is ridiculous. To say "i'm not fat, my body just changed" is silly. His body did change, but it changed by becoming fat.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
"I care nothing for Platini. I have a French teammate friend (Zinedine Zidane) who has surpassed everything he ever did and he has always told me that Platini is jealous."
:howler:

this should shut him up for a long time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
From my personal experience, nothing boosts your motivation as much as many people saying shit about you. So please, let more people say shit about Ronaldo now and he will indeed make them eat their words in Germany. Forza O Fenomeno! :boxing: :thmbup:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
In many aspects Ronaldo during the days of Barcelona and Inter
was a truely awesome player, out this world,
especially with great rushes of speed and dribbles
that made him an incredible leathal goalscoring weapon all on his own
and in this aspect he can be well compared with Pele of the late 50s and early 60s
but Pele also developed many other sides of his game
showed great skills and intelligence in almost every aspect of the game
which made him a much more complete player than Ronaldo has shown or managed to develop so far.
So in that aspect they are not that comparable.
In 1970 one could rather compare Ronaldo with Jairzinho.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dribble&Trix said:
In many aspects Ronaldo during the days of
In 1970 one could rather compare Ronaldo with Jairzinho.

this is insulting

·
Administrator
29,799 Posts
not really, Ronaldo is more player than Jairzinho was, at least more versatible, since he showed he can work rather well without the explosion, but ronaldo pre-injury was much like Jair, with obvious differences, the pace of jair was longer and ronaldo held the ball closer.
I must say something, If you put Ronaldo, Romario and RG in the same bag, they still just Pele's right leg.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Come on
An insult!!
Strong word in these days of forum
I was just comparing in some aspects
from Ronaldo´s pre injury days
where long rushes fom outside of area with speedy dribbles was his strong point
and in that aspect I was comparing with Jairzinho
otherwise he was a more limited player and a winger
and as JCamilo says not as good dribbler or close to the ball
Jairzinho scored in every game in 1970
a goalscoring record comparable with Ronaldo

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dribble&Trix said:
Come on
An insult!!
Strong word in these days of forum
I was just comparing in some aspects
from Ronaldo´s pre injury days
where long rushes fom outside of area with speedy dribbles was his strong point
and in that aspect I was comparing with Jairzinho
otherwise he was a more limited player and a winger
and as JCamilo says not as good dribbler or close to the ball
Jairzinho scored in every game in 1970
a goalscoring record comparable with Ronaldo
it's insulting in the sense that in terms of dribbling ronaldo was wayyyyy better.... now that you explain yourself i forgive you :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts