Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy is past his prime if he ever had one, nobody seems to agree with his choice of goalkeeper no one seems to like his formations, some of the call ups especially defenders have been questionable and the best the team has looked lately was when someone else was coaching the team. This is a very talented team that has performed well below their standards we need some new ideas and some vitality on this team, any suggestions on a miracle replacement not a European of coarse but something?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
i alreadyy said it during copa america. "Argentina will have big problem in the qualifiers with him as coach"

get this ****er out! How stupid must anyone be to not call Monzon or cavenaghi. Let alone playing heinze colo and pato

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bianchi or Diaz should have gotten their chance at coaching the NT after Pekerman quit. Offcourse the fat **** that's called Grondona wouldn't allow it.

Whose left? Valdano doesn't want the job, Cuper is even worse then Basile. Bauza just won a Libertadores with QUITO(!!!!!!) but is probably not well known enough to be offered the job.
Batista did a great job with the team in the Olympics, but it was his FIRST actual coaching experience. Does he have the nerves to handle a world cup???

·
Registered
106 Posts
The way I see it, our options for the head coach are as follows:
1) Foreign coach - will never happen, although a foreigner might not be such a kiss-ass to Grondona and might call players based on their skills.
2) One of the big guys - Diaz, Bianchi, Cuper etc. If we appoint Cuper, than the second place in the next worldcup is in the bag. As for the other, I don't think any of them will want the part (Bianchi reclined after Bielsa resigned and I don't think he'll want it now).
3) Another former coach - Bilardo, passarela - I don't really see the point. Why should they fare better than Basile?
4) Appoint a former star - The obvious choice would have to be Batista or Simeone, because both of them have experience, but other options might be Batistuta or even Maradona.
Out of all the options, I don't see one that is "perfect", but my third option looks like the best considering the circumstances. Maybe even a combination of Batista and Simeone (I don't know how good their relationship is) could get the job done.
But whoever takes over the NT after Basile, it's important for them to give Maradona some sort of oficial role. His effect shuld not be taken lightly.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Basile offered us a good second half in the last game against Paraguay, I do not have anything against his tactics and the way he manages the 90 minutes of the game.
His biggest flaw is selection of the players and the line up, it is so obviously wrong that I cannot believe that is actually what he believes, who knows... there must be something we cannot understand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.