Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't need to tell you anything, you are all up to date with the Nesta situation. At this precise moment, chances of him staying at Lazio are somewhere between zero and none. With him gone there will be only 5 more members of the team that won the Serie A two years ago: Stankovic, *****, Couto, Mihajlovic and Inzaghi.

TWO YEARS AGO!!! Seems like a lifetime does it not? In such a relatively short period of time a team that won the championship and looked to dominate Italian and European football for the next several years has been totally dismantled. And all that thanks to one man - Sergio Cragnotti!

Some may think I'm being to harsh, others that I'm ungrateful, but facts speak more then words. Who was it that got us into such a situation, who is it that sells our best players year after year since winning lo Scudetto? And that's not the worst part. Ever since the failure of the sale of Signori in the summer of 1995 when thousands of fans protested against that, Cragnotti has been playing his own dirty game whenever he wanted to sell a popular player. First he declares him untouchable to calm the fans down and then through his friends in the media, with a series of rumours and double-talk, bates the fans and the player against each other and makes it look as if he has no choice but to off-load the player(since he can not sell the fans, as much as he'd like to). Also, he constantly justifies himself over the uncertain financial situation of the club, but yet he always comes up with loads of cash to sign the likes of Crespo, Mendieta and there are talks of Rivaldo now. And whose responsibility is our solventude anyway? Many clubs have sold their best players to gain money, Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Parma come to mind, but two of them are in Serie B already not likely to come back to A, and the third barely escaped.

As for the fact that it was largely thanks to Cragnotti that we won all those trophies in the last decade, that is 100% true. But Corrado Ferlaino won even more with Napoli when he brought Maradona. Maradona left, Ferlaino is still there, and look where is Napoli. Do you want to be where they are now? No, I didn't think you would, but that's exactly where we WILL BE if Cragnotti either does not leave or radically change his ways.

The sale of Nesta is the last drop! I have no more faith in you whatsoever, I'll never believe a word you say again! You speak of a new cicle, of a competitive Lazio but those are empty words. When you are selling Nesta, you aren't selling the best defender in the world, you are selling our Eagle, our Lazialita', our Romanita'...

Sergio Cragnotti, you have done many wonderfull things for Lazio, but there is still one more you can do: leave! Leave while there are still many of us who are trying to remember you as the president of Lazio which brought us more success then any other. Leave, while we still remember you as the one who assembled the 99/00 championship team, not as the one which destroyed it. Leave, while we are still in Serie A, while we still can find a descent buyer, while we still have the charisma and the popularity around the world you helped create, before the days of Lazietta return...

To quote Oliver Cromwell : IN THE NAME OF GOD - GO!

P.S. In the extremely unlikely event that Nesta stays, I wish that the moderators would delete this topic and I'll issue a public apology in an other one.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Lightoller said:

P.S. In the extremely unlikely event that Nesta stays, I wish that the moderators would delete this topic and I'll issue a public apology in an other one.
always leave the back door open;):D:tongue:

Long term fans of any team are "trained" year after year that players come & go, what's important is the "team".

Some players are just so much more than that. This is something that Mr. President cant see.

Or he can, just that his vision is impaired with loads of green paper:rolleyes:

Whatever Happens, Grazie Capitano :proud:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
anyone wanna bet that Tom Jones & Cardigans song "Burning Down The house" will be a huge hit in Rome this summer?:D

:depress:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Great post Milos, you said it all. The fact that he build a great squad cannot serve as justification for all the **** he's come up with since that. For sure, this isn't about success anymore. Some may think it is, but that's not the case for me and I'm pretty sure the more consistent fans would agree. We want our symbol to remain, anything else can be forgiven but not the sale of Nesta.

As you say, he got us into this hole, it's up to him to get us out of it, and without doing the only thing we can't forgive. Let's for a minute imagine that Lazio would need to sell Nesta to stay alive finacially - were this really the situation, the future of the club would have to come first. But, as we've seen from the speculations in the press, Crag is not even likely to get straight cash for Nesta. And looking at recent years, he usually goes out and buys a new player after having sold a star. Would that repeat itself now, there is absolutely no excuse. "Burn down the house" indeed.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
whos transfers do lazio still need to pay then?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lazio needs to get back confidence.. and the thing to not do is to sell the best player , the team's captain and the team's symbol.. Nesta is all these... if he leaves we will struggle many and many years to recover ...

if it was up to me , I would be ready to lower the price of players like Mendieta and Lopez to sell them if it can able me to keep NEsta ...
I have really no idea how will this mercato ends... but I feel that it will be weird...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts