Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know another thread had been started about Terry being overatted and staff. Has anyone noticed that the English press and commentators try as much as possible to ensure that the part played by English players in a Chelsea victory is highlighted? For instance for all the work that Makhelele does someone comes up and names Lampard man of the match. I thought against ManU whilst Lampard scored a great goal Claude was the overall best player for chelsea considering the way ManU was comming at Chelsea. I have also noticed Gallas is faster and more argile than Mr Terry but the English Press always try to hype him agains the likes of Gallas. There is a deliberate attempt to ensure a player of the year prize for English players. I also think this is the real reason why England are really disapointed when they lose in international tornaments because going into those tornaments, they already think they have the best player in every position. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Yes they are extremely bias and Mourinho knows and is very smart in using this, He knows to constantly praise Terry and Lamps so there is less chance the media and people in the english game will turning against him. Mainly the Chelsea english players and fans themselves.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Its natural for someone to praise their countryman before a foreigner. National pride is a strong force and I do think Mourinho knows he must use this. Wenger on the other hand, doesnt seem to really pay attention to it and it may be why Arsenal gets more negative press in a lot of cases.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Well.

Terry and Lampard have been our best players this season but I see where you're coming from.

Maka was awesome last Wednesday.

But they also love Cech and Robben.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts