Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United's record with me starting the match thread has been quite bad, with 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses in those matches. :frustrat:

It definitely seems strange to be playing a team you just played last Sunday on the upcoming Sunday.

More so if you were on the losing team, and needing to travel to the opponent's home ground.

Without confusing the two Uniteds, the team I am referring to is none other than the Barcodes, also known as the Magpies, Convicts etc etc. and the trademark 'We have the best set of fans in the world' remark :howler: yes Newcastle United. :stress:

With Newcastle not exactly well known to be a defensive unit, Manchester will look forward to the match eagerly :party: hoping it will turn out another scoring contest as the previous couple of meetings we have witnessed between the two sides, especially the memorable 02/03 season, with 16 goals involved in the two matches played in the Premiership. :thmbup: :tongue: while last week's encounter saw Manchester crush Newcastle 4-1.

Manchester are suffering from a dip in form in the Premiership; with no wins in the last 3 league games. They have since dropped to third place, and are 4 points behind unsuccessful defending champions Arsenal. Neither have Newcastle won in the last 4 games, but Dyer and Bowyer could make their comeback after receiving 3-match suspensions each during a catfight :D in a home match against Aston Villa, which they lost 3-0.

Expect goals, action, and a Newcastle United style self-destruction as Manchester look to revive their hunt for automatic Champions League qualification. :cool:

Manchester Team News:
Solskjaer, Saha injured :wallbang: Scholes, G.Neville suspended, P.Neville, Fortune found dead in The River Thames, London

Expected lineup:

---------------------------------Howard------------------------------
Brown--------------Ferdinand-----------------Silvestre----------Heinze
------------------------Fletcher----------Keane-----------------------
Ronaldo--------------------------Rooney-------------------------Giggs
--------------------------------v.Nistelrooy---------------------------

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If Giggs is still injured for this one, could Rossi or Jones finally get the chance to step up? It seems like as good a time as any to give them a go.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Agreed...Season is lost anyway, why not playing young guns instead? Specially given that Scholes is unavailable for the match, Jones could get his chance.

Nah, not Fergie style. We will be playing Fletcher&Fortune in the middle :depress:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
We shouldnt field an understrength team coz although we are not gonna win the title, with a little bit of luck, we could still come second. I was reading an article that the difference between second place and third place is around 3-5 million pounds. With that kind of money we might be able to buy a decent player. This is just one of many reasons why we should try and get the second spot.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
i hope rossi is in the team...at this moment in time, i would play him ahead of smith and saha, see how it goes (saha is injured right?)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
about to KO, ill post my views after the match

(what a cunning way of getting my 1,797th post!!)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Howard you ****ing ********, what a shite kick when no pressure at all:(. Ambrose then just ran in to score :frustrat: .

Fergie once again going on a ****ing suicide mission with ****ing Fortune and P.Neville :eek: :yuck: . Even Silvestre is better than ****ing P.Neville, and Fortune is just a disaster. Yet another game, when left side gets ruined by a ********. He is ****ing pish and still gets ****ing games. Start Kleb/Jonesy give em a chance, cuz that **** cannot cut it, but for some reason fergie is still starting Fortune :nono: .
Now Heinze is ****edd :mad: , looks ****ed very badly :cry: . Thank god at least fergie has come to his senses at last and is putting Ronnie on. So Fortune at left back.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
KyleLeonard said:
our best player injured, ****ing hell
:scream: :stress: Yeah and it looked so serious too:(. Please god don't make him miss the final, because I cannot stand the thought of seeing Fortune as a starter in that game :wallbang:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts