Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to face Moyes and his men again.

Everton held Man United to a stalemate at Old Trafford with a rugged performance, and will look to do so again back at Goodison Park.

Overachievement is a word you can use for the Toffees this season, who lost two of their most creative players quite recently, the first in Wayne Rooney, who ironically plays for their upcoming opponents, and Thomas Gravesen to Real Madrid in January.

Despite losing Rooney, sparingly used by Moyes in his last season at the club, the team gelled perfectly into a team who managed to score enough goals to win a match. Whether it was a boring 1-0 or a more exciting 3-2 (sending on Duncan Ferguson in so doing), they somehow managed to gain all 3 points.

However, losing Gravesen was a killer blow. The team has since suffered a dip in form, with the last 10 matches reading 3 wins, 2 draws, and 5 losses. Still, they have managed to hang on to the coveted 4th Champions League spot, with Liverpool oh-so inconsistent form in England, and Bolton's even larger overachievement than themselves.

David Moyes must have breathed a sigh of relief when his side thrashed Crystal Palace at home 4-0 the last time out. The team was on a 3-match losing streak, and by changing things around and playing with 2 men upfront, they finally notched a win. But don't expect them to play the same formation in their upcoming match, as that could potentially be costly, as Newcastle United found out at the weekend.

As for Man United, the 4-1 cruising win over the Magpies must have given the attacking force some well-needed confidence, especially for Ruud van Nistelrooy, who had not found the net on the last 8 occasions. Paul Scholes, who was also stuck in a goal drought of his own, ended his frustration with a cool header past Given, while Ronaldo added another to his quite impressive tally (for a winger) of 9 goals.

Part of that was down to Newcastle's shabby defending, with Boumsong actually managing to slip and allow the ball fall to Van Nistelrooy, and who duly tucked it in, neat and tidy. However, many teams now know that, if you pack the box, defend hard and don't make any mistakes, a 0-0 scoreline, or even better, a 1-0 or 2-0 win, is achievable. That is a likely tactic Moyes might employ.

Don't expect the most exciting match of your life, unless Everton really play with a 4-4-2 attacking formation and try to outscore United (impossible :D) However, one or two goals should be involved, and I can see a Red win to carry the team on in the fight for second place. (SECOND PLACE?!?)

Man United's Likely Lineup:

--------------------------------Howard-------------------------------
Neville-------------Ferdinand--------------Silvestre--------------Heinze
----------------Fletcher---------Keane---------Scholes----------------
------------------------Ronaldo---------Rooney-----------------------
------------------------------v.Nistelrooy-----------------------------

Prediction:

Everton [0] - [1] Man United

·
Registered
346 Posts
Everton vs Man Utd.....What will the score be?

Any ideas, I think itll be tough but Manchester United will come out on top. But what will the score be?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
2-0 to MAN U.......man u must win...its a must win match..... :crybaby:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I don't believe it. manure are getting beat by everton 1-0. That is Ferguson's 7th career goal against Manchester United.. he was the last person to score the winning goal for Everton in a League game against Man United - 10 YEARS AGO! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
omg....whats happening.... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
red card???? :shades:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
2 red cards????? omg :finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
30 Posts
blitzkreig said:
must win match! hopefully chelsea will demolish arsenal.

Yeah Right!!, Chelski couldnt do shit to us, and we dont even have Henry and Ljumberg, we fought till the end!!

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
I won't express my pure frustration about Ronaldo who i think is no where near the same class as Rooney, but if this means the scousers miss out on CL then its all ok ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I played a new game today while watching the match. I called it Spot Fletcher. I did...Twice! :D

But seriously...Very bad game, that is a three times in a row we did not score in the EPL, i cant remember the last time that happened.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Bullet Tooth said:
I played a new game today while watching the match. I called it Spot Fletcher. I did...Twice! :DBut seriously...Very bad game, that is a three times in a row we did not score in the EPL, i cant remember the last time that happened.
lol:D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Credit to Everton. Put in 110% effort all throughout the 90 minutes and did not allow a single United player to settle anywahere in the pitch.

Frustration got the better of the two who were sent off. The rest later cause gotta finish my paper.

·
Registered
478 Posts
ANOTHER loss and two sent off - just another day for the manure's.
Suffer.
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
:ass: :ass: :ass: :ass:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts