Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The English journalist David Brown, of the publication entitled "Sunday People", had contacted the jewish Delegation centre 'Simon Wiesenthal' in Buenos Aires, Argentina asking for reports about the possible nazi ancestry of Depor midfielder Aldo Duscher, according to the head of the Simon Wiesenthal centre, Sergio Widder.

Widder later called these motives of investigation by Brown as "unusual" while at the same time denying that Duscher has any past links to nazism in his family.

Widder had spoke to a Buenos Aires daily diary, "Pagina/12", in which he said that he received a telephone call last friday from David Brown of "Sunday People", who made a peticion to collect information about Aldo Duscher's family and their past origins, considering that Brown knew of Duscher's possesion of an austrian passport, and suspected that he had nazi history.

The head of Simon Wiesenthal stated today on the radio program "La Red" that we has "very surprised" to hear this consultation formed by Brown.

"This grabbed my attention, and it seems to me an absurd thing, the inquiry by this briton", he said, while adding that Brown formed his petiticion claiming that Duscher's family emigrated to Argentina in the 1940's when numerous war criminals had settled in this nation.

He then concluded: "obviously, in our centre, when we receive such a denouncement or some report of this kind, we immediately begin a search for information, despite how little we have to work with. It is what we do and we had not discovered any such historical background. If the opposite had occured, I believe that this would neither have anything to do with the player in the first place to begin with".

Almost a week since the Champions League match between Manchester United and Deportivo, where England star David Beckham was injured, endangering his participation in the upcoming World Cup, the continued controversy of Aldo Duscher's tackle on David Beckham has not stopped creating "headlines" in the English press, but this "gentle-man" David Brown has crossed the line.

SOURCE
http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20020416&xref=20020415dasdasftb_53&type=Tes&anchor=dasftbA05

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
so after Argentina also Germany had something to do with Beckham's injury, right Mr Brown?

I cant believe this guy is allowed to hold a pen and publish his thoughts.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I cant believe this guy is allowed to hold a pen and publish his thoughts.
some of these pricks just get carried away. he's taken it way too far and while everyone else has let it go he's giving football a bad name. brown sounds like he's a nazi himself.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
This is a ridiculous:dazed:. The Brown-guy is a total no-lifer.
Isn't there enough of Duscher headlines and articles full of bull**** i wonder:rolleyes:. And this "journalist" wants some more.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
David Brown is a real laugh!

Let Duscher be alone for christ sake, he`s just a football playing youngster.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Typical english arrogance :rolleyes:

Why can`t they react like normal people...

It`s strange though, I know a lot of english people, and all of them are nice. Somehow, the newspapers are just focusing on the ideas of morons like Brown. Much like journalism in Norway :rolleyes:

Pay no attention to this crap I tell you. BTW, Sunday People is one of the least serious newspapers in England. And that says a lot :D :D :D

·
International
9,526 Posts
el niño said:
Typical english arrogance :rolleyes:

Why can`t they react like normal people...

It`s strange though, I know a lot of english people, and all of them are nice. Somehow, the newspapers are just focusing on the ideas of morons like Brown. Much like journalism in Norway :rolleyes:
I'm glad you rectified that statement...as I've said, don't judge the entire nation by what is said in the Tabloids. Personally, I think that this article that Brown has writen is bordering on farce...I can't see the point. Leave the poor bugger alone, I say, and let him get on with it. The media has a lot to answer for.

G

·
The English journalist David Brown, of the publication entitled "Sunday People", had contacted the jewish Delegation centre 'Simon Wiesenthal' in Buenos Aires, Argentina asking for reports about the possible nazi ancestry of Depor midfielder Aldo Duscher, according to the head of the Simon Wiesenthal centre, Sergio Widder.
Welcome to the world of English journalism. There is a different however.

Sunday People = Tabloid

Tabloid = A newspaper full of absolute crap

What amaze's me however, is how foreigners read stories like these and then think 60,000,000 people are arrogant or ignorant or fools just because one little prick decided to look at Duchers past.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Imo. David Brown thinks that Dusher has a Nazi past cause he injured Beckham. In WWII Germany and England was rivals, so for Brown it's a kind of "revenge".

·
Registered
579 Posts
What a twisted English freak!.:yuck: But, The tabloids has just switched their attention to Eriksson, so Duscher has no value any more I am afraid.

Btw, forget about those Argy-British conspiracy sh!t. Duscher chops any players, including his fellow countryman Roberto Ayala.:eek: That tackle in Deportivo vs Valencia was as dangerous as the one on Beck.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
claudio said:
...Duscher chops any players, including his fellow countryman Roberto Ayala.:eek: That tackle in Deportivo vs Valencia was as dangerous as the one on Beck.
I disagree, even the yellow card he got was quite marginal. At least Ayala was no better, hurting many players.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
What amaze's me however, is how foreigners read stories like these and then think 60,000,000 people are arrogant or ignorant or fools just because one little prick decided to look at Duchers past.
Lol, so true.

They call us "Arrogant" yet they judge a whole nation by one man.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Russell said:
They call us "Arrogant" yet they judge a whole nation by one man.
It's not only one man, so many ManU and England fans worldwide spammed forums with useless crap threats talking dirty. That's where the generalisations come from.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts