Code:
[I]-----------------------Paul Robinson-----------------------------
-----------Rio Ferdinand---John Terry----Sol Campbell---------------
--Shaun Wright-Phillips-------------------------- Ashley Cole-----
-------David Beckham--Steven Gerrard--Frank Lampard------------- 
---------------Wayne Rooney------------------------------------
----------------------------Micheal Owen------------------------[/I]
Try to find fault with it, you can't.

3 world class center backs. Rock solid. SWP is one of the better right sided players in football today. Cole was whilst great attacking on the left has a good defencive game.

Beckahm, Gerrard & Lampard will be as equal to any midfeild. All 3 can tackle, are creative, great passing etc. Everything you could want from a midfeild. Rooney is is brillant in the in the 'hole' whilst Owen does the job up forward.

352/532 = success for England.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
We won't play like that.

But I'd agree with that formation though personally I'd play Joe Cole ahead of Beckham.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Koeman4 said:
Congratulations! :star:
:proud::proud:

Rob Edwards said:
We won't play like that.
You did in a game recently. Worked very well.

But I'd agree with that formation though personally I'd play Joe Cole ahead of Beckham
Not going to happen.

Anyway, Beckham has been fantastic recently.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
_Barcino_ said:
A very good XI, but an average Brazil (even Argentina) could destroy them.
I dont think anyone could destory them. Again, if the side is struggling then Cole and SWP drop back giving you effectivly a back 5.

Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham was class players are also fighters. England would dominate possesion. Even Rooney drops back into the midfeild role and goes in hard if the side is losing.

Of course England can lose to a Brazil side. However, with that formation they go very close and I beleive would be their best chance of succes.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Brazil will run ova that team easily

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Terak said:
Brazil will run ova that team easily
Bollocks.

Brazil are a very good side but dont talk about them as if they are god like.

England are one of the betters sides going around and with the current crop of players would match it with most sides.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
_Barcino_ said:
A very good XI, but an average Brazil (even Argentina) could destroy them.
I very much doubt that, England sides have always done quite well against Argentina. Brazil are another kettle of fish, i would never bet against them to beat anyone.

As for that line up, pure fantasy. Sven will stick with the tried and tested and wont be the least bit adventurous.

Hopefully J.Cole makes left mid.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Bollocks.

Brazil are a very good side but dont talk about them as if they are god like.

England are one of the betters sides going around and with the current crop of players would match it with most sides.
They are not god-like but good enough to beat any team easily

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I couldn't agree more with the sentiment in this thread. :thumbsup:

It's too bad about the lost TV rights, tickets, tourism etc, but based on the quality of players like Robinson, Beckham and Ferdinand :jester: :rollani:, FIFA should really just cancel the World Cup tournament next year and just give the trophy to England now instead. :stuckup: :proud: :D

And from the song I am Woman with words and lyrics by Helen Reddy and Ray Burton. ;)

I am England, hear me roar in numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend 'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor.
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise, but it's wisdom born of pain.
Yes, I've paid the price, but look how much I gained.
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong). I am invincible (invincible). I am England.

You can bend but never break me 'cause it only serves to make me.
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger. Not a novice any longer.
'Cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul
CHORUS

I am England watch me grow. See me standing toe to toe.
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land,
But I'm still an embryo with a long long way to go,
Until I make my brother understand.
CHORUS

Oh, I am England. I am invincible. I am strong.
I am England. I am invincible. I am strong. I am woman

·
Registered
585 Posts
I agree SWP should be in the team but I am a little unsure on his defensive qualities. Playing with that formation I am sure other team would attack the space behind SWP. So either theyd get a lot of joy out of this or the central defence would be dragged across forcing cole to be pulled back a bit and effectively reverting back to a 4-4-2 formation without the correct right back or left mid.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
what's the point of this ? we know Sven will play 4-4-2 against the lesser sides, using his wide midfielders to launch hopeful crossses to the beanpole Michael Owen.

against anyone decent he will change though, and play a deep line on the six yard box with the midfield on the penalty spot mark, we will defend at all costs and hoof the ball and hope for a lucky rebound bounces into Rooney's path.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Robinson

Rio -- JT -- Sol

JamieC Gerrard Lamps ACole

SWP ----------- JCole

AJohnson​

You dont need Becks, or Gary or Rooney or Owen. Place them on the bench... together with DeFoe

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Hargreaves is so good that SGE will only play him as a secret weapon when England reaches the final :stuckup:. for everything else Rooney and Owen will do the business up front while Terry/Ferdinand will more or less keep a clean sheet all by themselves down the other end. :proud: :jester:

In fact, England doesn't even need a keeper with defenders like that, which is just as well because their best one couldn't even get into the squad of most of the other "competitive" sides ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Are you psychic now man?

That would be a good team, but they wouldn't be invincible. They could easily be beaten by any team depending on which way the wind blows

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
J_Reyes#9 said:
Are you psychic now man?

That would be a good team, but they wouldn't be invincible. They could easily be beaten by any team depending on which way the wind blows
Isnt every side the same?

I feel this would be England at there abosute strongest.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts