Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the Starting Lineup for England? Its just 40 minutes to go - can't wait!
GO LIONS! :)

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
1 Scott Carson
2 Glen Johnson
3 Liam Ridgewell
4 Nicky Hunt
5 Calum Davenport
6 Tom Huddlestone
7 James Milner
8 Gary O'Neil
9 Darren Bent
10 Dean Ashton
11 Kieran Richardson

Decent lineup, Ridgewell scares the crap out of me though. No cleansheet tonight I don't think.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
11 Kieran Richardson :star: only just starting to break into the u-21's

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Well Ridgewell already has a yellow, can't understand how he is in the team... he's useless.

The tactics so far have been dumb, its the old hoofing the ball from defence to attack and seeing it cut out every time. Why? These players aren't like that, they're all very technical, and some are quite skillful. Play it on the bloody floor. And as soon as they did, working it through midfield... Ashton gets a shot on goal.

Getting a lot better now though.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decent start to the second half... 3 goals in 4 Minutes... who went off to be replaced by Welsh? Missed that due to my damn Zapping :D

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Ridgewell went off luckily. Welsh gone into midfield, Huddlestone looks like he has gone to CB though not sure.

Good goals on both sides.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carson badly at fault... a pity. England did enough to win the game in my opinion.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
2-2

Well thats a killer, it really is. We should of been up by 5 or so goals... so I won't completely bitch about Carson as we should have taken our chances. Which were many and on reflection pretty easy chances.

O'Neil :star: Milner :star:

Well done to those two, they got injured because they gave a 100% commitment to winning a ball. Horrible headwounds and well done to Milner for helping his team out for the remaining minutes. He carved Germany open again and again, man of the match for me. Davenport played really well too, very composed. Forwards got a goal each, all you can ask really but they should have been more clinical at times... although both their goals were pure strikers goals. Ashton's was awesome. :thumbsup:

Unfortunate but we gave a good performance which is all the fans can ask, against a very good Germany side as well.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was a bit sad that my fav player Jon Stead did not get a few minutes but there is no doubt that Bent and Ashton are in better shape these days.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Saw the highlights, appears both sides had chances to win it, but England certainly had more, Carson made a good save in the first half, but he was unlucky to make that mistake near the end, but the strikers should've really converted the chances they had

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
KyleLeonard said:
how did richardson do?
He was class, can see he will be a talent. Think it will take a few seasons to reach his potential but the hardest part is getting into the dangerous area's of the pitch, which he does... now just needs the end product.

liverpool - Maybe either side could of won it, but England deserved to and the score should have been a lot more in favour of us. There were quite a lot of great chances for goals. Good thing is they will learn from this. Carson made a big mistake, he accepted it and it was clear it hurt him like hell. Like a stab in the heart. That'll drive him on to improve and I doubt we'll see such mistakes again. So in that sense, the games purpose did its job... to improve the kids.

Also its good to see Bent/Ashton make a great pairing, they complimented each other very well. One to watch next week, and the future.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Marc said:
He was class, can see he will be a talent. Think it will take a few seasons to reach his potential but the hardest part is getting into the dangerous area's of the pitch, which he does... now just needs the end product.

liverpool - Maybe either side could of won it, but England deserved to and the score should have been a lot more in favour of us. There were quite a lot of great chances for goals. Good thing is they will learn from this. Carson made a big mistake, he accepted it and it was clear it hurt him like hell. Like a stab in the heart. That'll drive him on to improve and I doubt we'll see such mistakes again. So in that sense, the games purpose did its job... to improve the kids.

Also its good to see Bent/Ashton make a great pairing, they complimented each other very well. One to watch next week, and the future.
when he played for us he was very thin, that was last year, alot bigger now at w.b.a, what they feed him spinech? :eekani: :D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I saw some bits on TV... Which stadium did they play at?

Cheers
East Ender

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
It was at hull's KC stadium. Fantastic turn out as well, I believe the attendance figures were more than the total at the final for the last tournament. Great support.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts