·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i got tickets!!! nice to be playing holland for the 74th time in 4 years

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it will be on FSW...so dont disappint me my english peeps :shades: !

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Sounds like a nice match. I'm totally in the dark about the result though. It could go either way really. But i think i'll stick with a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
We'll get beat. And Sven will decide not to play SWP or Downing, but will prefer Phil Neville on the left to be defencive.

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne

·
Registered
59,171 Posts
how much did you pay Mokoena? :fero: :frustrat: :pp

our defence isn't the strongest as ever and if Sven were to play Downing, SWP and Defoe then we'll be in for a tough night.
Van Basten will I think try out new wingers in the game (Ugur Yildrim on the right and van Persie perhaps on the left?!) but I don't expect him to experiment too much since it's only a month before we face Romania in an important qualifier.

looking forward to it but obviously I'll be rooting a lot more for the boys in orange on Wednesday :D

M

·
0 Posts
We'll probably lose. I'm starting to not even give a shit anymore. I just expect us to lose every game.

·
Registered
59,171 Posts
you lads are too downbeat :D

You're playing at home. You have a real good backline. Rooney and Defoe/Owen up front is class while a midfield of Downing-Lampard-Gerrard-SWP would strike fear into any defence, let alone our Jaap Stamless defence. You didn't play that well against Spain, that's true but I'm sure that if the boys were to have any sort of pride, they'd want to set things straight in front of a home crowd and what better than against a Holland which will have no Robben, Van Nistelrooy cos of injuries and no Davids, Seedorf and Kluivert too (cos they been dropped for various reasons). We'll probably play with Makaay up front and despite him being one of the top 5 club strikers on the planet imo, he hasn't often shined for the Dutch NT (then again he's always played second fiddle to Ruud).

Anyways it's only a friendly and most importantly is how both teams play. I'd rather see Holland draw 1-1 in an equal game with a balanced side than win 1-0 with England having 20 chances and Vd Sar saving our asses the whole time with us scoring from our only chance.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Holland squad has been named:

Goalkeepers: Edwin van der Sar (Fulham), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar)

Defenders: Khalid Bhoulahrouz (RKC Waalwijk), Mario Melchiot (Birmingham City), Nigel de Jong (Ajax Amsterdam), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Jan Kromkamp (AZ Alkmaar), Wilfred Bouma (PSV Eindhoven)

Midfielders: Mark van Bommel (PSV Eindhoven), Johnny Heitinga (Ajax Amsterdam) , Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax Amsterdam), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax Amsterdam), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar)

Forwards: Roy Makaay (Bayern Munich), Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord), Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord), Ugur Yildirim (Heerenveen).

A fair amount of home-based players there. I'm disappointed Bosvelt isn't there, hes been awesome this season. I find it odd really, he was in the EUro 2004 squad, and was not too good last season.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sweet, they are going to show the match here on FSW. It will probably end up as a draw, but if there is a winner I would probably take England. Where is the match being played?

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
The Green One said:
A fair amount of home-based players there. I'm disappointed Bosvelt isn't there, hes been awesome this season. I find it odd really, he was in the EUro 2004 squad, and was not too good last season.

~ The Green ;)ne
Bosvelt has A LOT of competition for his spot: Landzaat, van Bommel, De Jong and Sneijder for instance. They are all better than him, or are going to be.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Andr3w said:
Sweet, they are going to show the match here on FSW.
FSW Canada drops the ball again :rollani:, at least they'll be showing Germany vs Argentina, but they could have showed the England-Holland game on replay.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I don't think we win this game.
Lot of good players are injured or not selected.
But I keep faith in Marco van Basten so probably a draw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), David James (Manchester City), Robert Green (Norwich City), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Matthew Upson (Birmingham City), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Glen Johnson (Chelsea), Gary Neville (Manchester United), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jermaine Jenas (Newcastle United), David Beckham (Real Madrid), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City) Andrew Johnson (Crystal Palace), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Michael Owen (Real Madrid), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Patrick Vieira said:
Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), David James (Manchester City), Robert Green (Norwich City), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Matthew Upson (Birmingham City), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Glen Johnson (Chelsea), Gary Neville (Manchester United), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jermaine Jenas (Newcastle United), David Beckham (Real Madrid), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City) Andrew Johnson (Crystal Palace), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Michael Owen (Real Madrid), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)
Glen Johnson and Kieron Dyer have been shite this season.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts