Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I've had serious concerns about England in the last couple of weeks. Cameroon is one team they can beat.

Although I did not see the match, I have a feeling the English are wary of injuries at the moment so they didn't take the match as seriously as did the Cameroonians.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Cameroon are a good side who people under-rate alot.

Injuries sum it all up really.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you watched the game, you would have seen which team took the game more seriously... and it was not the obviously Jet-lagged Africans who spent 26 hours on the plane and took 4 days to get to Japan from France....

The English press continue to underestimate African Teams... anyway, Cameroon does not play like Nigeria (Cameroon does not dribble) ...they should have played Liberia, Ghana or Ivory Coast to get a true test of how Nigeria plays.

But having watched the match, albeit a friendly, I like our chances agianst England.

·
International
9,526 Posts
1-1-GoalessDraw said:
If you watched the game, you would have seen which team took the game more seriously... and it was not the obviously Jet-lagged Africans who spent 26 hours on the plane and took 4 days to get to Japan from France....

yeah, yeah, whatever. Maybe I could go on about all our injuries, etc as well, and we could have a good excuse making session. What ever happens, happens.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Elliot... If you read my post carefully you will see that I was surprised that despite the obvious injury worries of England, they played rather aggressively.

It was a friendly my friend ;) ....It did the job that it was supposed to do for England... though why they chose Cameroon who plays nothing like Nigeria befuddles me.

I get surprise when I read headlines that say "Cameroon hold England" ...I thought it was England who forced the draw not the other way around.

Moreover, England has NEVER lost to an African team :depress:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts