Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we play the whipping boys of the group, we are tipped to beat our record win of 13-0 by all and sundry even though we only managed 1-0 in Azerbaijan :googly:

obviously the papers have gone mad because we beat the classy Northern Ireland by a 4-0 margin to send shockaves through the globe. :proud:

now Carlos Alberto is gonna play a couple of kids so that should make it even easier.

rumours are abound Beckham may sit it out, obviously this wouldn't mean he has been dropped, it will be a rest because he has that twinge in his back that he always gets after he has played like a kunt.

but he'll play anyway, who am i kidding ? then his twinge will return after the game and then magically go away again just before his next game for RM, it's like a self-perpetuating circle. :googly:

anyone i am going off topic

prediction : England 5-1 Azerbaijan, i reckon our defenders will be so coasting they will probably fall asleep and let one in.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I cant see Eriksson going for it against them, 3-0 and then sit back :D

Seriously maybe 6-0 Defoe should net a couple and Rooney too if he plays.
i cant imagine the Azer plays being too happy about being stuffed 13-0 the other day.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
We should aim for 5 goals or more but if they are as unambitious as Northern Ireland then I can see it being another frustrating match.

What worries me is Poland beat them 8-0 and to put our 4-0 win over Northern Ireland into perspective I believe Poland won 3-0 in Belfast

·
Registered
14 Posts
SGE is putting out the same side that played Northern Ireland

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what a shame, i thought Beckham had a twinge or did he just make that up because he played like a cabbage patch doll on Saturday ?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Beckham and Gerrard had some doubts. Both were largely anonymous vs Northern Ireland, funny how a lot of people won't admit the same was true of druggie :rollani: Let's face it if he had missed that match like he did his drugs test noone would have noticed

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought it was a given that Ferdinand was his normal sleepy self, i keep hearing he is a footballing centre back but i am yet to see him play a pass with any substance, a five yard pass the buck sidefoot is his stock in trade.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
1-0 from a Michael Owen tap in.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Im hoping for a big score as I missed the game on Saturday due to our manager not organising an early kickoff!! Bas*ard!!!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
i thought it was a given that Ferdinand was his normal sleepy self, i keep hearing he is a footballing centre back but i am yet to see him play a pass with any substance, a five yard pass the buck sidefoot is his stock in trade.
What do you want him to do, be a Maradona and take it round the whole team and score. Or run down the wings and swing a cross in. Or perhaps Svens favourite, hoof a long ball over the top.

What Ferdinand does is what England should do more off, calm build up possesion play. Not eratic crap smacking the ball 50 yards which is what most defenders (sol) do when faced with a bit of trouble.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he hoofed at least three times to no-one, Ashley Cole had to give away a foul because one of his long balls was so off target.

i expect a footballing centre back to take responsibility, beat the odd man or make a great through pass, not pass the buck all the time.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fred Elliot said:
so its the media expectation thats driving your little diatribe, Jern?;) Stop reading the S*n and you'll be a lot happier.
i didn't think it was a diatribe, was it ? the papers just amuse me that's all.

Beckham was the diatribe bit, apparently the twinge has fully healed and he will play. :proud:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fred Elliot said:
I've seen you mentioning the s*n a bit today Jern, don't tell me you're reading it now...

yes i read it, always have done, but the Mirror and the broadsheets are going with the same line as well, that is that if we don't win 10-0 tonight then something is wrong.

although yesterday there was a few dissenters and a call to not go over the top about our win against NI.

I am convinced all the newspapers just phone eachother and decide what line they will go with because the day after a match the Sun, Mirror, Independent, Express, Mail, Times, Telegrath all have the same mood.

·
International
9,526 Posts
what about the Guardian?

I suppose I find the tabloids very sensationalist when it comes to football. Frankly, their views on the game via from one extreme to another. The motives they attribute to players and managers.....pff, you'd think they were covering a medieval morality play rather than a match.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts