Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/4746224.stm

At last. Dawson's been our best defender imo this season. Solid as a rock. Excellent decision if Sven were to call him up :thumbsup: I'd take all my words back I've said about the Swede were he to do it :thumbsup:

Uruguay, expect Becks and some more to chicken out of this.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ferdinand's probably more likely to get the call as he's more famous. The problem for Dawson is he's been pretty good this season but he's probably 7th/8th choice with so much depth.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Why the **** wud England need Dawson wen they have Terry, Rio, Anton, King, Woodgate and may be Campbell!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cos you're a tough tackling side. Maybe he won't but definitely some'll be pulled back by their managers.

as for Dawson, why all this resentment :groan: :pp I'm not joking, he's been class for Spurs. Indeed England have a lot of depth in that position, totally agreed but if you see his performance against Liverpool at Anfield, you'll have seen that he's come a long way since his Forest days. Playing alongside Ledders definitely has done him a world of good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Squad announcement

Darren Bent
Luke Young
Joe Cole
Frank Lampard
John Terry
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Wayne Bridge
Jamie Carragher
Peter Crouch
Steven Gerrard
David James
Wes Brown
Rio Ferdinand
Gary Neville
Kieran Richardson
Wayne Rooney
Robert Green
David Beckham
Michael Carrick
Jermain Defoe
Jermaine Jenas
Ledley King
Paul Robinson

Crouch could have a broken neck and still get in. Jenas over Parker AGAIN? Parker got a man of the match performance with the captains armband of newcastle already. Its a ****ing joke! Barton has been immense as well but he doesn't get a look. Reo-Coker has been far better too. Richardson? At least Phizza is out.

Don't know why I bother getting my hopes up.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
5 United players. :shades:

Yes Marc, I still can't believe how trash like Jenas, Beckham, Crouch etc. get in. :googly:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
you surely don't though do you?

unless there's a glut of injuries i can normally write the squad down before Sven does. :shades:
Well I keep saying to myself, Parker hasn't put a foot wrong, Barton is pretty much man of the match every game... he can't seriously ignore this, no one can! And yet he does every time. I don't understand why the media who also gives these guys their star performances ratings don't make a stink about it more. It should be clear to anyone with half a brain there are better options than Crouch, Jenas and Richardson.

I don't like to see players hurt but my only hope is to see players like Crouch get an injury likes Smiths, except he would never have the balls to put himself in the mixer like that.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Jenas, Richardson? :googly: I'm getting sick of seeing Scotty Parker overlooked after quality performances week in week out :rollani:, and as you say Marc, Barton has also been outstanding recently. Hopefully the new manager actually recognises talent when he sees it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Wally said:
cos you're a tough tackling side. Maybe he won't but definitely some'll be pulled back by their managers.

as for Dawson, why all this resentment :groan: :pp I'm not joking, he's been class for Spurs. Indeed England have a lot of depth in that position, totally agreed but if you see his performance against Liverpool at Anfield, you'll have seen that he's come a long way since his Forest days. Playing alongside Ledders definitely has done him a world of good :thumbsup:
Althought (believe it or not), Most Uruguayans are extrememly proud to be known as a tough tackling side (see it as extremely tough/macho)........but Argentina is far worst than us. (And Beckham played)

The only reason why we have that rep is cause of that one 1986 world cup team (that even though we tied the runners up and lost 1-0 to the champs.....most Uruguayans are ashamed of that team).....and for some reason every team we play starts showing up with 3 layers of shin pads.

Take Australia who spat, kicked and elbowed in both games of the Qualifying series and then had the gul to say that "They survived playing vs. a dirty team". (Uruguay did nothing more than shirt pull during the games).

Anyways, hope for a fun game next wednesday :) . (always great to see 2 world champions play), but I dont think England will get the practice they hoped for (as to play a similar team like Paraguay), simply because most starters arent going to play and it was just announced that 3/4 main defenders are injured (leaving for many Domestic players to fill in).

EDIT- I just found out that Paraguay is playing WALES because they think they are similar to England (that's like playing Panama because they are "Similar" to Mexico. ) :googly:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
young, richardson, jenas, crouch :googly:

wtf? if darren fletcher was english im sure sven would call him up. its a damn shame parker's world cup dream isnt going to be fulfilled after an outstanding season, out of his naturally strongest position may i add.

all i hope is that erikson plays carrick, we know he'll play Gerrard, Lamps and Becks so i think best way to balance them out is carrick, not king or ferdinand in midfield , carrick.

************bent**********
***********rooney**********
*gerrard*lampard*carrick*beckham
*bridge**terry***carra***neville
***********robinson**********

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
---------------Robinson--------------

Nev----Ferdinand-----Terry----Bridge

Beckham---Lampard---Gerrard---J.Cole

-----------Rooney---Crouch----------