Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ENGLAND U21 - PORTUGAL U21 0:1

A very impressive Portugal performance as we prepared for the European Championships with a 1-0 win in Stoke :happy:

The only goal of the game came from a free kick which Candido Costa swung in and big Porto defender Tonel heading in :)

The English struggled to play any sort of football as we defended magnificently and never looked like conceding a goal. Ednilson came close to a 2nd when his free kick hit the foot of the post and Felipe Teixeira also came close.

We played some good football and Tiago, Ednilson and Miguel in the middle of park were all excellent.

Only down side to this victory wass the injury shocker to Cesar Peixoto of Belenenses :( It was an opportunity for him to make an impression and the early signs were good, but he picked up an injury and could misss the rest of the season and the championships itself :( But we will have to hope the injury isn't as bad as first thought...

England are in our U21 Championship group so we hold the early psychological edge. The English commentators gave us lots of credit for our display as England lost their first game under coach David Platt.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Thats good that our U-21 team is winning. We'll need these young players in the upcoming years with our super stars ageing.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I saw the game - Miguel looks like a quality player.

Who does he play for?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Dan said:
ENGLAND U21 - PORTUGAL U21 0:1

The English struggled to play any sort of football as we defended magnificently and never looked like conceding a goal. Ednilson came close to a 2nd when his free kick hit the foot of the post and Felipe Teixeira also came close.
It that any sort of surprise :D :groan: :dontcare:. Some things never change.

having said that shouldn't Portugal devote more time to trying to put the ball in the back of the net and not just from free kicks. They tried to show off against Finland and it got them nowhere :sigh:

of course at least they can show off though. My NT can't do that or score goals :depress: :sigh:

G

·
I lestened to the game the commentators were full of praise although they could nt pronounce any of our players correctly.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
manuel said:
I lestened to the game the commentators were full of praise although they could nt pronounce any of our players correctly.:rolleyes:
Yep, Felipe Te-shearer and Sergio Light-ee were classics!! :dielaugh:

Hey Andreas....what national team are you talking about? ;) If its Liechtenstein what a great 3 goals against Luxembourg yesterday ;) A lot of people were doing correct score bets on the 0-0, 1-0 and 2-0 to Lux. I steered clear of it myself, but that 1st half Liechtenstein goal glut certainly buggered them ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts