Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No South American team has won the WC in Europe for 50 years. Great teams such as Brazil 1982 and 1998 failed to do so. The odds are against Brazil and Argentina. The WC winner is likely to be an European team. Every teams need to have some problems.

Germany: perhaps, one of the weakest team in their history.

Italy: Transitional sphere. Vieri, Inzaghi, and Del Piero should be gone.

Spain: as usual.....

Holland: relatively new squad.

France: transitional sphere. Probably not going to qualify.

that left England. They had a strong defense. A solid midfield and forward. their weakness is goalkeeping.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
another weakness is our cowardly coach who will order the players to defend deep and hoof for our lives whenever we play a decent side.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
The undeniable technical deficiency in the England squad is also a huge weakness, maybe with Joe Cole this could improve but as soon as Robben is back, Cole won't be playing regular football.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
brazil to have a rest and drop out of it so someone else can win it?:D

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
This thread belongs in the Humor Forum.... :D ;)

Best team in Europe currently is Portugal. Nuff said..... :stuckup: :cool:

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Jern, you've lost all my respect now. :rollani: :thmbup:

To stoop to the level of having to re-edit my post as a shot back is the lowest of the low in these forums cause anyone can do that.

Too bad, you know my unedited post is so true. :stuckup: :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Flo said:
Jern, you've lost all my respect now. :rollani: :thmbup:

To stoop to the level of having to re-edit my post as a shot back is the lowest of the low in these forums cause anyone can do that.

Too bad, you know my unedited post is so true. :stuckup: :D
i just played with your own words a bit though, so that's allowed. :D

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
i just played with your own words a bit though, so that's allowed. :D
You didn't play with them....You completely changed them.

Don't you have some wanking to do today Jern or are you getting ready to watch the rumble in Munich? :thmbup: :happy:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
definately agree with you flo...this DEFINATELY belongs in the humour thread...England win another world cup? now that'll be the day! :thumbsup: :howler:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
galactico said:
Spain: as usual.....

that left England. They had a strong defense. A solid midfield and forward. their weakness is goalkeeping.
I put England in the same boat as Spain. They often suffer the same fate as the Spaniards. Great expectations and hope going into the tournament, and then huge disappointment. England has about as much chance of winning it as Spain does.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
We've got no chance of winning it (England). We'll go into the tournament with high expectations, beat a couple of average sides 3-1 in the group stages, making the press think we're the best in the world, then as soon as we play someone decent we'll get nowhere. Semi-finals is the absolute best we can hope for.

·
Registered
155 Posts
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: England

There are at least 5-6 nations more capable than England in Europe right now and no, Portugal is not one of them that was more hilarious than England. At least the English came in to your country and took you to penalties. Portugal is a pretty weak team right now and I don't see them doing much at the WC.

European teams capable are:

1. Germany (they could suck and still make the finals)
2. Czechs (these guys are more of a Euro team and have sucked at WCs, but I love they're style)
3. Holland (Have made at least the semi's in 3 of the last 4 major tournaments and always have the talent)
4. Italy (this team is VERY capable of lifting the trophy at any tournament they play in. They are due to do well at this WC)
5. Greece (This team is so disciplined and they always score at least one goal every time they play. With the way that they play defence, that is all they need. Players like Zagorakis, Karagounis, Dellas, Seitaridis and Giannakopoulos are extremely underated players and some of the best in Europe at their position)
6. Sweden (This team never gets the respect that it deserves and is more consistent and less fragile than other teams mentionned)
7. England: Good team and they have potential but they lack something. Sure they have some good defenders. but they find ways to give up 2-3 goal way too often for the calibre that people say that they are. Their midfield can get bossed by lesser teams and even though their strikers are good, every team has strikers that are very dangerous, it doesn't make that much of a difference

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think that Czech Republic is gonna win this WC because of his players. I know that Nedved is gone but Czech Rep. team is young and talented.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Ellasole said:
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: England

There are at least 5-6 nations more capable than England in Europe right now and no, Portugal is not one of them that was more hilarious than England. At least the English came in to your country and took you to penalties. Portugal is a pretty weak team right now and I don't see them doing much at the WC.

European teams capable are:

1. Germany (they could suck and still make the finals)
2. Czechs (these guys are more of a Euro team and have sucked at WCs, but I love they're style)
3. Holland (Have made at least the semi's in 3 of the last 4 major tournaments and always have the talent)
4. Italy (this team is VERY capable of lifting the trophy at any tournament they play in. They are due to do well at this WC)
5. Greece (This team is so disciplined and they always score at least one goal every time they play. With the way that they play defence, that is all they need. Players like Zagorakis, Karagounis, Dellas, Seitaridis and Giannakopoulos are extremely underated players and some of the best in Europe at their position)
6. Sweden (This team never gets the respect that it deserves and is more consistent and less fragile than other teams mentionned)
7. England: Good team and they have potential but they lack something. Sure they have some good defenders. but they find ways to give up 2-3 goal way too often for the calibre that people say that they are. Their midfield can get bossed by lesser teams and even though their strikers are good, every team has strikers that are very dangerous, it doesn't make that much of a difference

I know how credible one is when they rank Germany as the number one country in Europe to win the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Possibly, if the Kaiser hands over enough money to FIFA it might have a chance.....We got to the Euro Final buddy and in case you haven't checked we gave England a clinic in that game against them. :finger:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Flo said:
I know how credible one is when they rank Germany as the number one country in Europe to win the whole thing. :rolleyes:
:
Of course Germany is the number one to win the WC. The WC will be played in Germany (i think that you don't know).

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Wilyely_JP6 said:
Of course Germany is the number one to win the WC. The WC will be played in Germany (i think that you don't know).
That wouldn't be it. They suck and and can very corrupt.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Portugal never wins anything.

England can win, but they must pray not to play against Brasil. ;D

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Indeed this WC will prove to be interesting. Maybe the tradition will be broken and a S. American team will win it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts