Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
England squard

It`s not the most important thing at the moment but I would like to start a topic about the England world cup squard.
I got really strong feelings for England and I love to see Arsenal players in England.
S G Eriksson is for England but I really not agree with his team selection. How Jamie Carragher and Dany Murphy can be in the squard (and even be considred for playing !) is a bigger question than the life it self for me. They are both crap and I wouldn`t even call them good enough for Premiership. I don`t say this just because I support Arsenal but Wright should by no doubt be the third chooise keeper, David James makes misstakes who is out of this world. I think all of Seaman, Wright, Campbell, Keown, Cole and Parlour should make the squard or S V Eriksson should be sacked ! :mad:

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
He picked them because he has no one else to pick :( they wont be in the final squad in japan...

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
some people say that arsenal has got alotta french players and its a french team
but there is alot of english players in our side too you know
wright, seaman, parlour, keown, adams, jeffers for example:angel:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I forgot to mention the Arsen Highbury legend Sheringscum :D :D Even if I have to admit he`s not as poor as Carragher and Murphy

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Owen has been named captain for the game tomorrow. The only reason I can see is that Sven Göran Eriksson wants to give him some confidence because he has been poor the last couple months but is that really fair to Seaman (If he plays), Gerrard. Keown (If he plays) etc ?. Anyway I``m glad that Gary "I`m only in the team because Thieir is no other right defendes around" Neville not were the one to be named captain :D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I agree Jacke - how Gary Neville has managed to get nearly 50 caps is unbelievable... If only there were some decent right-backs around.

I was surprised by the appointment of Owen, but it will obviously be a one-off appointment. I think Sven wanted to name Campbell as stand-in captain (remember he is the official vice-captain) but when he was injured on Sunday, Sven had to delay the decision.

The appointment of Owen is just a gesture because the game is at Anfield. He will only play one half anyway and then we'll have another new captain in the second half!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
not Paraguay, Portugal!

England U-21 0

Portugal U-21 1
(Tonel 43")

·
Registered
155 Posts
I looks like Sven has decided to go for Seaman (as he plays 90 min) but it also looks like he regards Southgate as the backup central defender ahead of Keown.
Well, I must say I think Keown is better than Southgate, but I think Sven knows how to coach a team....!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
it was paraguay?
i alwasy thought U21's versed the same teams as the first team but just a few days earlier
:rolleyes:
thats what happens in CM anyway
talk about games...:eek:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
An excellent win last night... Keown played the first half, he did OK, and Seaman played the full game. He was captain in the second half.

Here are the other friendly scores from last night:

Scotland 1-2 Nigeria
Ireland 2-1 USA
N Ireland 0-5 Spain
France 0-0 Russia
Turkey 2-0 Chile
Portugal 1-1 Brazil
Slovenia 1-0 Tunisia
Greece 0-0 Czechs
Belgium 1-1 Slovakia
Austria 0-0 Cameroon
Ecuador 0-0 South Africa
Germany 0-1 Argentina
Italy 1-1 Uruguay
Norway 0-0 Sweden
Demark 3-1 Israel
Poland 1-2 Romania
Croatia 2-0 Bosnia
Japan 1-1 Costa Rica

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn`t able to see the game but from what I`ve heard Keown had been really good. People always look at me as if I was the biggest fool on the earth when I say it but for me Keown is one of the best defenders in the world when he`s in form. If Martin will be free from injuries from now until the end of the seasonse and find his true form I think he should start ahead of Rio Ferdinan against Sweden (or maybe, from a Swedish point of view he shouldn`t)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Paraguay were pathetic weren't they? I switched over and watched Portugal v Brazil a much better game.If Wiltord still wants to go we could offer him to PSG plus cash for Ronaldinho.What a player he is.

I have no optimism at all for England but that will probably change when the WC kicks off ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You`re not satisfield with the England game Jern? Well then you should have seen Norway-Sweden. Norway is the most boring team to watch after Spurs ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts