Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm doing some research to try and find out which is better...Serie A or the English Premier League. I want the views of the fans so let me know what you think. Which is more skilful? Are there too many free kicks in Serie A? Which is more entertaining? Other comments?

Cheers all!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Serie A is much more exciting, skillful and tactically better. How could anyone find a game like Manchester United vs Watford exciting when you already know who is going to win. In serie A games are much more evenly matched. In the English League the defenders look like part time milkmen and I rarely see a midfielder actually playing in the middle of the pitch.
One reason why English teams are doig well in europe is because they do't really eed to worry about their own league as a big game only comes around every 2 or 3 months.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
you are a very smart guy KLH,when you ask this in the english forom,try to ask this in the italian,and see what happens!!!!
ONCE I ASKED THE SAME THING IN THE PORTUGUESE FORUM,THEY TOLD ME THE SPANNISH WAS NR 1
actually i think
1 italy
2 spain
3 england
4 france
5 germany
if england not had so much money and not bought many foreigners
it would loo klike this.
1 italy
2 spain
3 france
4 germany
5 netherlands
this is only for europe.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
and then patrice you are right,this is the truth.only english teakms that can win the league is man utd and arsenal maybe chelsea next year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Enlgish Premier League is the most exciting in the world. I'd rather watch Man utd hammer Watford 7-0 or something, lots of skill, form one team but okay, plenty of goals, then a chess match between Lazio and Juve. I like the Italian teams in the European competition, Man Utd really gets to Juventus, so did Ajax, a few years ago, Juve played differently. In the league, their games, especially with th lower teams, are quite boring, I'm not sure if they still are, but at half-way season stage, they were on average scoring at just 1 goal per match.
And how could some people even rate the Dutch,French,German league, not that those leagues have no quality, but as if those people watch those leagues on TV.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
o.k nasty nick before you come in to a forum get your facts straight.
Only Chelsea and Arsenal can challenge United, whoops cos guess who is second - Liverpool.
Predictable - of course I mean I predicted that Chelsea would lose to Sheff Wed after beating Barce.
Boring - did you even know about the Liverpool v Newcastle games.
I think that the Spanish league is best as it combines excitement with great skill but there's virtually no gap between the three main leagues in Europe.
Oh and Patrice, English teams have more games per year than any other league.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah and also liverpool,but no other teams

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Well that is 4 teams. What about Italy or Spain? The same situation applies.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Nasty Nick, I agrre with you, just I think Germany(Bundes League) is better than France(LNF)......
They have fantastic player and the competition is more interesting .. see noe Monaco already be the champion .. less competition ..

Serie A is definitely the best ... but I;m afraid that Spain will defeat Serie A in another 5 years if the quality of the referee in serie A just like this .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
serie A is definitely the best, followed closely by spainish league. The reason is simple, english clubs always lose at european competition, acmilan suffer a row of defeats before beating the runaway leader juve, Barca suffer four huge defeats before hammering chelsea 5-1, it just goes to show how exciting these leagues are. Manu won so many matches in a row but was hammered 5-0 by chelsea. ELP SUCKS!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Pool,in Seria A there are 7 teams that every year are set to fight for the scudetto.Every one of them can beat every team in england but Man Utd with ease (I dont sya that they cant beat Manure,but it will be a close fight)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah in italy there are 7 big teams who can beat each other and fights for the scudetto.
england has a few,but it seems man utd always wins the league just the same.
and this year the spanish teams has shown something special.....
i still think the same

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Fair enough, if you say that then you say that Lazio, Roma, Parma all stand a chance but when did they last win it?
I agree that the margin Man U have this season is rediculous but I don't think that it will be the same next year. The pool, Chelsea (if they buy right),Leeds, Man U, Arsenal - that's five.
Italy possibilities - Parma, Juve, Inter, Milan, Roma and Lazio.
Roma - revolve around one player - Totti. If he plays well Roma play well.
Parma - seem to have a great team (defence, g.k and strikers at least) but are 14 points behind Juve. Also suffer from too many non-EU players.
Inter - unlucky that their strike force is so prone to injury.
Lazio - revamped side - try to buy the title-may still do it. Only team within 14 points of Juve yet are still 5 points behind.
Juve - great defence and midfield. 19 goals against - WOW. Best keeper in the world in my view (run close by Kahn).
Milan - great striker with no real patner for next year yet but draw too many games. Also revolving door will be in place in summer.

Don't mention Udinese or Fio as they have no chance in my view.

5 P.L teams can do it in theory next year.
I'd say that 6 can do it in Italy (limited difference).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pool, u are wrong to say that there are 5 serious contender for the EPL title, in my view, there is only 2 side that can win the title, manu and arsenal(or maybe liverpool if they can turn the clock ten years back), and the point is they are not even that great.manu players and fans are too arrogant for their own good, and arsenal performance is too inconsistent and there are no great players left in both teams.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Liverpool are second now in the league which, I feel warrents them a shot at it. Chelsea have buying power and can get the right players. Leeds have experience and some great youngsters.
Also I only think that Lazio, Juve, Parma and Milan can win Serie A next year.
Also nasty nick about your point about if England had not as much foreigners is pointless. You could say the same about Italy and Spain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts