Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think ?

i think they will both make the semis :eekani:

Juve i haven't been impressed with even though they got results and if Liverpool can produce a real high tempo it will fluster the zebras into mistakes.

Liverpool 2-1 Juve
Juve 1-1 Liverpool

Chavski game will be a tight cat and mouse affair, i go for Chavski to nick a goal then defend for the rest of the tie.

Chavski 1-0 Bayern
Bayern 0-0 Chavski

what are your predicitons ?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I really, really hope Liverpool can pull it off but to be honest, I expect a draw at Anfield with Juve shutting down shop and a sound beating in Delle Alpi. :nervous:

Hope I'm wrong though.

Chelsea will dispense of Bayern quite comfortably.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
If Liverpool can keep a clean sheet in Anfield then they stand a good chance. A 1-0 win would get them on their way as they have the potential to get the away goal and make Juve sweat to get the 3 goals they would require hypothetically speaking.

Juve are strong now and with Trez returning they can get the goal and maybe even pull off a win in Anfield. Had their goal hopes been on Zlatan then it would've been really hard for Juve. With Trez it's different.

---

Chelsea - Bayern is Chelsea's tie quite likely as Bayern are really depleted up front shockingly. Bayern will have to play on the level of 2001 QF and Semi vs. Utd. and Real to pull this one off I feel. A full strength Bayern would make things tough but this one is far from even Steven now.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why who is out for Bayern ?

Bayern have a chance of an away goal though, because i forgot that walking disaster Glen Johnson will most likely play, if they can get Deidler or whoever else 1-0n-1 with him they will get chances for sure.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
why who is out for Bayern ?

Bayern have a chance of an away goal though, because i forgot that walking disaster Glen Johnson will most likely play, if they can get Deidler or whoever else 1-0n-1 with him they will get chances for sure.
Makaay and Pizarro are both out for the first leg. Santa Cruz should be the likely starter up front with Salihamidzic and Deisler forming the attacking trio. Something on those lines.

Bayern's midfield has a massive job to stop Chelsea and then they are the ones who have to pull out the goals from somewhere. The complexion of the tie has changed.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Liverpool VS Juventus will be decided 1-0 on aggregate. flip a coin
Chelsea will win 2-0 home and away

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haroon said:
Makaay and Pizarro are both out for the first leg. Santa Cruz should be the likely starter up front with Salihamidzic and Deisler forming the attacking trio. Something on those lines.

Bayern's midfield has a massive job to stop Chelsea and then they are the ones who have to pull out the goals from somewhere. The complexion of the tie has changed.
that's a shame for Bayern, what about the Peruvian kid that played at Highbury ? he didn't look too shabby to me.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
DavidSilk24 said:
Liverpool VS Juventus will be decided 1-0 on aggregate. flip a coin
Chelsea will win 2-0 home and away
0-2 away? :eekani:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
that's a shame for Bayern, what about the Peruvian kid that played at Highbury ? he didn't look too shabby to me.
Guerrero? He might start but don't know if Magath will start him in such a game of high importance.

Makaay m i g h t start. He will not be at his peak but there are chances that he will start so there is a glimmer for Bayern to get something out of this game. Ballack, Deisler, Frings and Demichelis have a big match to play. They flop ... Bayern will lose the tie at the Bridge.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just heard on the news that Makaay is winning his fitness battle :cap:

so perhaps the complexion changes again :pp

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haroon said:
Guerrero? He might start but don't know if Magath will start him in such a game of high importance.
well he played at Highbury when Magath could easily have gone with 1 striker only so he seems to have faith in the kid.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
I think Santa Cruz is out as well! So it's either Makaay solo up front or Makaay - Guerrero combo.

Fact is that Chelsea can take advantage of this situation. Mourinho will be monitored strictly so that he can't send any messages to the bench from the stands.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'd say Juventus would be too good for Liverpool, and will probably go through. :googly:

Chelski will probably beat Bayern but it will be a close affair in my view. Bayern have been pretty underrated so far this thread, and i wouldn't sell them short. i think Chelski will get there though, maybe on away goals :stuckup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
You're forgetting about Hashemian, Haroon.

Guerrero-Hashemian or Guerrero/Hashemian-Zickler :eek: I forgot he was alive. And they could always play just one on his own ;)

(4-1-4-1)
Kahn
Sagnol - Kovac - Lucio - Lizarazu
Demichellis
Deisler - Scholl - Ballack - Salihamidzic
Guerrero

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whoever Bayern play upfront, the left sided midfielder will have a great time against GJ, this should be Bayern's ***** of light in the Chavski rearguard.

if Robben and Ferreira were fit i'd say Chavski easily, but them missing give's Bayern a chance.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vagabondo said:
I'd say Juventus would be too good for Liverpool, and will probably go through. :googly:
Gerrard i feel will shut his doubters up once and for all tonight

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Vagabondo said:
mercenary c*** that he is i think Emer$:greed:n is the better midfielder of the two.
he may well be, but Gerrard has the ability to change the pace of the game to a whirlwind that Juve won't like at all, at Anfield that makes him very dangerous if he does the bizzo.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
bugger Emer$on and Gerrard anyway. who's worse out of Traore and and Zebina? ;)

the reason i'd tip Juventus isn't to do with the midfield anyway. if he's not suspended, watch Blasi :rollani: get completely outclassed against proper players. you'll be wondering how he's getting into our national team (and having a laugh if you support any other country). :yuck:

the thing is i think Juve edges it in the forwards, but has better defenders and a better keeper.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Juve have the better players for sure, but styles make matches (or is that styles make fights ? :D)

anyway i expect a 9th round K.O. win for the Scousers.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts