Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
I've heard that Russian is somehow related to Sanskrit? Your thoughts on this likely credible theory?
not just a theory. every indo-european language is related to Sanskrit, it‘s the mother of all indo-european languages after all. fun fact: Lithuanian is the most archaic and thus the closest to Sanskrit.

one example from morphological diachron linguistics is the word „brti“ (latin transcription) in Sanskrit, which became birth in english, Geburt in german. original meaning is something like „to bring, to carry“. and there are hundreds if not thousands such examples

·
inbred amoeba
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #215 (Edited)
The formation builder I was using for this does not seem to have pics for our swarthiest footballers in their data base. Racists!

Anyway, these are likely going to be our DM's:

LDM: Svetlyo Dyakov:

RDM: Georgi Kostadinov:

There might be any variation of those two, Malinov

and the young prospect Valentin Antov*

but I believe Uncle G will prefer to start with the experienced and in-form ones (plus, Unc knows Svetlyo Dyakov very well from the time of his spells as Ludo's manager).

* Arsenal watched 19-year-old Bulgarian defensive beast Valentin Antov in action - Footy Extras

·
inbred amoeba
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #216 (Edited)
I expect Marcelo Nascimento da Costa aka Marcelinho to be our attacking midfielder in this game.

Again, Unc knows Marcelinho very well from his Crazty Hills' times, and he has the Spark of God in him, along with Vlado Stoyanov and Spas Delev (the three who can play the piano (c) Bill Shankly).

The other options for the CAM slot we have now are Ivelin Popov

and the veteran Galin Ivanov who is in the form of his life at Slavia Sofia.

I doubt Ivelin would return (if he does our offensive department would probably look differently than the one I am suggesting here). Honestly, if not Marcelinho I would love to see Galin Ivanov behind the striker as he is real good rn (Slavia just beat Levski Sofia in our league, and Galin was pulling the strings like a master).

·
inbred amoeba
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Now, we are royally fuked as regards the last two slots (the right midfield/wing and the striker's slot). Despodov was rolling well until he got an old injury aggravated and he had to undergo an operation. Hardly likely that he would make the Mar 26 game even if he recovered faster than expected; I would never use him immediately after having a one month break anyway.

We've got a joker in Todor Nedelev

Unfortunately he is in lousy form. You would expect to see Alex Tonev

or even Manolev

on the right wing but the logic of my whole team would exclude them both. I would rather put young T-Lion Stasi Ivanov there, but he is out of form too, and too young. It would be his NT debut if he is called, so I dismiss the possibility to see him play altogether. Nonetheless, I am sure he and another youth Martin Minchev are our future on the right flank. Let's wait and see how they develop.

Last, I would be starting Berbatov as our striker, and I am not trolling. Even if retired he is surely better than anything we have in stock for the ST position now.

Unfortunately, it is not happening, so you would see Bulgarian player of the year 2019 Mitko Iliev

or Ismail Issa

start against the Huns.

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
Or maybe I'm thinking of Sumerian?
LOL

that‘s what delusional (and non-scientific) Magyars claim too. I guess, in every country you have such insecure idiots who want to link their language to cradle of civilization. but it‘s pointless. Linguistically speaking, we don‘t know much about Sumerian, but in terms of group classification, she is considered isolated, i.e none of the known languages or language groups are in any way derivated from or related to her. either way, if Russian were related to Sumerian, then every other Indo-European language, including Sanskrit, would be too.

201 - 220 of 261 Posts