Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since so long dominating EPL in 90's :lala: .... 2005 showed that man u no longer scared by any teams in EPL :nerd: ..... :pp :pp end of man u's era??? :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
yup! :finger:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
it seems the era is well and truly over (technically, it was over last year)..but give it a moment, you never know how this 'fourth team' could turn out next season...

who knows, maybe a few tweaks could change this semi-inexperienced disorganised team into a young, vibrant, exciting, attacking and structured powerhouse of a squad.. unlikely, but not too far off..

like YeaVerily said, a revival probably wont be spearheaded by fergie

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if it wasn't for the Abramovich distortion of football then you'd be challenging for EPL still, even though you have declined a bit to say it's an end of an era is wrong, United will always be there IMO just due to your huge financial power now, just need to think long term rather than short term, because it's useless to go for quick fixes while the Russian can outbid and distort the market as he has been doing.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
if it wasn't for the Abramovich distortion of football then you'd be challenging for EPL still, even though you have declined a bit to say it's an end of an era is wrong, United will always be there IMO just due to your huge financial power now, just need to think long term rather than short term, because it's useless to go for quick fixes while the Russian can outbid and distort the market as he has been doing.
Stop complaining....

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I dont think its an end of an era, but I also think United will not dominate the way they were dominating in the 90s. Like Jern said, due to its financial powers, Man U will always be there and there abouts.

I personally dont think there is a lot wrong with the team. A little change here and there can make this team into a real force. Who knows, after the summer buys (hopefully there will be a few and the right ones too) we will be the league champions once again at the end of next season.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Who the **** are MAN U?!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Actually i would have say that it is not the end of the era but it is the fact that the others had rose to the occasions. Against Man Utd especially, with nothing to lose, the other teams will come all out and play the best game of their life. The good thing was that even if they lose by big mirgins, they had tried their best. If they draw or win, they will be really happy. With such incentives, who would not tried their best to do well against Man Utd.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
O Glorioso said:
Stop complaining....
Maybe if you understood it from the other side of the coin you wouldn't tell people to "stop complaining". When your club has built up a team through its own finances like United and Arsenal have, only to have it torn to pieces by a Mafia boss, you'll understand.

·
Registered
580 Posts
what fun football would be if arsenal and man utd won all the titles.

when your wife gets old are you going to yell at her? it is the way of the tide. fortunately in football, one day, someday, it will get better and your wife will be beautiful and young again (winning titles).

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Man Utd won't be as dominant as they once were especially given Chelsea's power these days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
acmilan2005 said:
since so long dominating EPL in 90's :lala: .... 2005 showed that man u no longer scared by any teams in EPL :nerd: ..... :pp :pp end of man u's era??? :depress: :depress:
Why don't you go worry about Liverpool

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Pumba said:
we definatly need a change in the management
I hear ya...I am sure no-one in the forum wishes for Fergie to leave, but if he cannot achieve what we expect - then its time for change.

Speaking about the management I would also sack the board for letting Ronaldinho and Robben slip through our fingers.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Berky said:
Why don't you go worry about Liverpool

me no worry abt that..... :D :D

happy to say that :pp :pp

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
It will be the end of "The Era of Manchester United" at the end of the season, because it will be the first time that 2 seasons have went by without Man U winning the league for about a decade. That HAS to be considered the end of an era. Doesn't mean Man U don't have a good team, but it does mean that they are no longer a guarantee to be the dominant force of English football.

Short term, the situation now is better for the viewing public. 3 teams chasing is obviously better than 2.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts