Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season is virtually over with one game left so I think the thread hasn't come to early. Just a time to reflect on the individuals who have done the best this season.

Player of the season?
Signing of the season?
Most improved player of the season?
Best goal scored?
Best individual performance?
Best team performance?

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Adebayor
sagna
adebayor
adebayor ( wallcott vs liverpool)
cesc ( liverpool ) 1-1 anfield
Bolton 3-2

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Player of the season?
Francesc Fàbregas
He is the player who is at the centre of everything the team does and hopefully it will continue for a long time. In the early stages of the season when he was scoring for fun he was the best player in the league. When the goals cooled off, he was still able to keep up the consistency of his general play to a high standard and continue to make the team tick from the centre of midfield. Last season he was considered to being one of the best young midfielders in football, where as as the season comes to a close, it is generally accepted that he is one of the best period. It kind of feels weird not giving this to a player who has scored 30 goals in one season, but that just goes to show how good Cesc has been.

Signing of the season?
Bacary Sagna
Considering most people were questioning Arsène for needing to sign a right sided full-back when the team already had Eboué and Hoyte, Sagna's rise to prominance only adds to Wenger's reputation of finding quality players in the market for reasonable prices and it also is an indication of how good Sagna has been. From going from a relatively unknown, to being crowned as the best right-back in the league Sagna has to be applauded. Whether it has been bombing down the right giving the team an attacking option, or making Kaka look ordinary in the San Siro, Sagna has been a revelation this season and cemented himself in the back four.

Emmanuel Adebayor
If you would have told me this time last season that Henry would be leaving and the player to replace him will be Adebayor then I would have probably asked for you to get your head checked. If you was being dead serious then I would have become slightly worried because all I saw was an irratic player who was limiting the team. I was going to say Flamini, but I think when someone goes from being third choice striker, to scoring 30 goals in one season then they have to be congratulated in some sense. It hasn't been easy for Adebayor this season. He has often found himself playing by himself and at times hasn't had the support from his team mates, and has at times been frustrating, but the fact is without his goals, the team wouldn't have been as successful as it has been in this campaign. Some of the quality of his qoals have been of top quality. The real question now is whether he is ready to go to the next step and really cement himself as a top striker.

Best goal scored?
Emmanuel Adebayor vs. Tottenham Hotspur, 15/9/07
Not much to say other than wow. From the touch to the finish, wow.

Francesc Fabregas vs. Milan, 4/3/08
This was the game where the whole team stepped up to the plate and took it to a Milan team that just wasn't capable of handling the pace of the game brought to team. Cesc was the centre of all that. In this game he was creating chances for others, tackling all over the pitch and even chipped in with a goal to complete the performance. Another reason why his performance was so important in this game was because he was up against Andrea Pirlo, and Cesc simply came out looking one hundred times better. The game against Liverpool at Anfield also springs to mind as well. The way in which he dominated Gerrard in that game only to have the papers say that they had an equal game pissed me off.

Best team performance?
vs. Milan, 4/3/08
I think the team played brilliantly against Liverpool at Anfield in November, and in the first half against Villa at Villa Park, however this is the famous victory that most people will remember when they reflect on the past season.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Player of the season? Sagna ;)

Best signing? Sagna

Most improved player? Flamini

Best goal scored? Adebayor at Anfield in the CL (Walcott run)

Best individual performance? Cesc in the San Siro.

Best team performance? San Siro.

Worst player of the season? Eboue

Worst individual performance? Adebayor at Old Trafford (League game).

Worst team performance? Old Trafford (FA Cup)

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
The season is virtually over with one game left so I think the thread hasn't come to early. Just a time to reflect on the individuals who have done the best this season.

Player of the season?
Signing of the season?
Best goal scored?
Best team performance?
Clichy
Sagna
Hleb
Cesc blasting Reyna on the near post against Liverpool at AG.
Hleb against Villa at Villa park.
Against Villa at Villa park.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Add a few more.

Worst player of the season?

Worst individual performance?

Worst team performance?
Hoyte
Jens Lehmann against Fulham opening day.
First half against Bolton a couple of weeks back.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Player of the season? - Adebayor, 30 goals is incredible for someone who seemed so unco last season.
Signing of the season? - Sagna, very solid in the RB role and has simply been unstoppable (till his injury).
Most improved player of the season? - Adebayor, him scoring 30 goals really surprised me this season. didnt know he'd be capable of that.
Best goal scored? - Adebayor V Spurs, I've never jumped out of my seat before after a goal (apart from rvp's against charlton).
Best individual performance? - Fabregas v AC Milan, our side stepped out, but him scoring the first goal was really lifting for our side.
Best team performance? - Arsenal V Slavia Prague, we were on fire that night linking up very well with each other.
Worst player of the season? - Eboue, for someone who started many games he did the worst imo. i dont recall much good that he did this season, only a few assists.
Worst individual performance? - Jens Lehmann against Fulham & Blackburn, Horrible way to start the season.
Worst team performance? - Arsenal V Man UTD/Spurs, FA cup and Carling Cup, i've never seen us play so bad.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Player of the season? Cesc
Signing of the season? Sagna
Most improved player of the season? Flamini
Best goal scored? Adebayor at the Lane
Best individual performance? Hleb at Old Trafford
Best team performance? San Siro

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Player of the season?
Cesc Fabregas

Signing of the season?
Bacary Sagna

Mathieu Flamini

Best goal scored?
Adebayor vs. Spurs

Err, that game Cesc set up two goals and scored one or something like that. I forget which one it was though.

Best team performance?
Away to AC Milan

Maturin said:
Worst player of the season?
Emmanuel Eboue

Maturin said:
Just pick any Eboue appearance

Maturin said:
Worst team performance?
FA Cup at Old Trafford

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
Player of the season: Fabregas

Signing of the season: Sagna

Most improved player of the season: Flamini

Best goal scored: Adebayor Versus Spurs

Best individual performance: Fabregas in the San Siro

Best team performance: 7-0 thrashing of Slavia

·
Registered
891 Posts
Player of the season?
Bakari Sagna fitted in with ease to become the best right back not only for us but in the Premiership. Hardly a mistake when he played

Signing of the season?
Bakri Sagna (see above) :thmbup:

Matthieu Flamini - shame he is buggering off when we only just got to see the best of him.

Best goal scored?
Ade (vs Tottenham) & Flamini (vs Newcastle)

Cesc (vs Milan)

Best team performance?
against Milan in the San Siro or the second half against Bolton

Worst Player of the Season
Emmanuel Eboue not totally his fault as he is a decent enough right back but played in right mid he totally sucked this season

Worst individual performance
Phillipe Senderos in the second leg against Liverpool two very poor pieces of defending that led to goals.

Worst team performance
The FA Cup defeat at OT they all looked like they couldn't be f*cked.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Player of the season: Clichy or Cesc.

Signing of the season: Sagna

Most improved player of the season: Adebayor

Best goal scored: Adebayor vs Spurs

Best individual performance: Hleb at United or Cesc in Milan

Best team performance: 3-2 comeback with 10 men at Bolton

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Player of the season Cesc
Signing of the season Sagna
Most improved player of the season Adebayor
Best goal scored Adebayor v Spurs
Best individual performance Cesc v AC Milan
Best team performance AC Milan @ San Siro

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
i remember that first half against villa in december, the football being played was breathtaking, i dont even think cesc was playing that night which is even more impressive.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
i remember that first half against villa in december, the football being played was breathtaking, i dont even think cesc was playing that night which is even more impressive.
He wasn't. It was Flamini, Diarra in the middle. Hleb and Rosicky out wide.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nah Hleb played behind Adebayor and Eboue played on the right. The first half of that game was pure dominance, but the second half the team was on the backfoot.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts

Player of the season?
Signing of the season?
Best goal scored?
Best team performance?
Player of the season? Cesc/Ade
Signing of the season? Sagna
Most improved player of the season? Ade/Flamini
Best goal scored? Ade vs Tottenham/Walcott vs Liverpool
Best individual performance? Cesc at the San Siro
Best team performance?Vs Slavia Prague (7-0) or Vs Milan @ San Siro

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Cesc
Sagna
Adebayor
Adebayor v Liverpool (Walcott run)
Cesc at San Siro
v Milan both home and away

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Player of the season?
Flamini

Signing of the season?
Sagna

Flamini

Best goal scored?
Adebayor against Spurs.

Fabregas at the San Siro

Best team performance?
Againt Milan away, and at Villa away in the first half.

Worst Player of the Season?
Eboue.

Every single player that stepped on the pitch at Old Trafford in the FA Cup.

Worst team performance?
The defeat at Old Trafford in the FA Cup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts