Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
He'd better play very well, Vasco doesn't have much else to rely on for the Carioca. Their backbone is modest: the solid Fabio on goal, Moraes and Marcelinho organizing the midfield... and a fearsome strikeforce: Donizete and Valdir Bigode! :howler: The rest of their team is just a bunch of anonymous guys. Now, these nobodies may even rise to the occasion and play well, but... there are just too MANY anonymous faces, and some of the familiar faces are not impressive.

Moraes is very good, no doubt. But it remains to be seen how he'll do in Vasco's currently-limited squad.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
garrincha,

my brother in law (who is a vasco fanatic) was saying taht these kids will only get matured next year. Eurico promised a good team only for 2005 for the vasco supporters.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Why only in 2005? Maybe because it's closer to the elections?

Morais seemed good, I saw him against Portuguesa and he was MoM. Maybe he could do even better in a organized and more competitve team.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bobby Cock

In case you din't know, most clubs have financial problems. So vasco is relying on youngsters and bringing them up. It takes time for them to mature in case you din't know;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Oh really? You have to be a genius to know things such as these! Tell me how you do this, please!

You can't predict when the players will mature or even if they ever will turn out to be good. I thought that Euricão was not stupid to say a thing such as this, so I thought that when he promised a good team for 2005, he meant signing players and everything.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Actually Vasco has LESS money than other Brazilian clubs. Eurico unilaterally broke several contracts with sponsors in the past few years, so Vasco's mountain of debts is staggering. Example: Recently, they were negotiating a sponsorship deal with Siemens (that also sponsors Real Madrid) and one of the companies that they owe money to went to court and "froze" the assets of that sponsorship deal THAT WASN'T EVEN SIGNED YET. The Sao Januario stadium itself was impounded as guarantee of payment of other, larger debts. Their rowing center, in the Rodrigo de Freitas Lake, was also given as guarantee for other creditors. :mute:

Yeah... Vasco owes SO MUCH money, any sponsorship deal they sign will have its financial resources immediately redirected to paying debts through court order, without ever entering the club's accounts. :dazed: :greed:

And that is the fruit of Eurico Miranda's "administration". I have just one thing to say... BEM FEITO! :howler: :devil:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:howler: :howler: :howler:

E BACALHAU, E BACALHAU, SENTA NO MEU AU AU QUE EU TE LEVO A PORTUGAL!!!:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts