Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link to Story

Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are all ready to hand Emre Belozoglu the chance to play in England next season.
The player has confirmed he is leaving Internazionale in the summer with The Premiership and La Liga his two preferred destinations.
The 24-year-old is not yet ready to move back to his native Turkey and his agent has admitted to skysports.com that England is where he wants to be.
"I have told the Nerazzurri's officials that I'll leave in June because I want to play in another country," Emre told Lig TV.
"I don't want to come back to Turkey. I've received many offers both from Spain and England and I hope to go in one of those countries.
"I have another two years' contract with Inter, but I hope there won't be problems."
Both Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson are known to be long-term admirers of the diminutive Turk - who arrived at Inter in a £5 million treble deal which also saw Okan Buruk and Hakan Sukur transfer from Galatasaray.
Liverpool were also interested when Gerard Houllier was in charge and now it can be revealed that Rafa Benitez made a move for Emre in January - which confirms his interest.
While his fellow countrymen failed to find their feet in Serie A, Emre has flourished and shown what an adept player he is.
However, despite having two years left on his current deal - he is now ready to move on.
His agent Ahmet Bulut - who in November told skysports.com that Emre would quit Inter this summer - has again confirmed his client is looking to move.
Bulut still feels that England is the most likely destination for Emre.
"Emre wants to leave at the end of the season," he told skysports.com.
"I am now waiting for the offers and expect to receive them over the next few weeks.
"We expect that only the top clubs in England could afford Emre's salary and we know there has been a lot interest there.
"Liverpool tried for him during the transfer window, so that is something we may look at again - but we are still looking at the offers

what do you think to this?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
If we dont mess about with contracts and alike i think we cud get him easily, as he said he wanted 2 play in england but can he deal with the physical side of the game he used 2 the diving european style of play.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
good get him

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Emre would be a good addition to the squad BUT we need 'bigger' names if we are to be up there with the 'big boys'

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Would be a welcome addition a very quick and skilful player and should adapt to the premiership quite well.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Definately a good step to strenghten your midfield. Probably shoudlnt be the first type of player to look at as i think a replacement for keane would be a top priority for midfield.

but he is a class midfielder and his style of play would suit the EPL, which is obviously the key.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Emre is under-rated, believe me. What impresses me most is that he can use his both feet to take corners like Nedved. I hope Milan can swap him!

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I do not want him at United. He would not make the team stronger. CLEAR NO!

·
Registered
373 Posts
thats exactly what they said about bergkamp then we saw what he did in arsenal.
the only way you will know if he could mke a differance is if he plays in man u a couple of games.

man u should get him on loan...and sign him if he impresses
imo he would be a v.good signing.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
kilixx said:
thats exactly what they said about bergkamp then we saw what he did in arsenal.
the only way you will know if he could mke a differance is if he plays in man u a couple of games.

man u should get him on loan...and sign him if he impresses
imo he would be a v.good signing.
Nah! I think you can´t compare the situations of Emre and Bergkamp. Everyone who had followed football already before Dennis joined Arsenal knew about his class. Okay, he didn´t play an important role for Inter. But he had proven his extraclass in dozens of games he played for dutch NT. I had no doubts how well he will do for Arsenal. And...Emre is no Bergkamp. In no way. ;)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
emre would be an excellent signing... one of inters most influential players on his day, second only to zanetti... now thats something

·
Registered
60,503 Posts
Some Man U fans really know their football eh...

I only hope your management's knowledge about football when it comes to evaluating players is as good as yours, eventhough I seriously doubt it because these guys are pros.

Emre is better than all of your midfielders, unless you're comparing him to Keano and Giggs back in 99 or something. If Arsenal or Chelsea sign him he will start there and both clubs have better midfielders than yours at the moment.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
why doesn't he start for inter then?
It's more tactical rather than how quality of a player Emre is. Can't have all your midfielders attacking and none defensive ;)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
He would be a superb signing. He and Essien (after admitting that he would like to play at United) would be amazing signings for this summer. They would help our midfield alot.
For the 3 man central midfield for next season we would have: Keano, Scholesy, Essien, Emre, Fletcher, Jonesy.
However, knowing our board, and like vedz said in another thread, we will probably get average player 1 and average player 2:(.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
why doesn't he start for inter then?
yeah, thats what I also wanted to ask. If he is that good, I can not understand that Inter would sell him. *gg* You all praise him. Tactical reasons??? Pfff, I think if a player is better than avarage a club always finds a way to include him into the starting 11. :confused:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Yea but if he wants leave cause he doesnt like the manager or board or sumfin like that, that may b y he doesnt start and y he wants 2 leave

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Hehe, if that´s a reason for him he can also stay and wait. Until Inter gets a new manager.... That happens sometimes. ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts