Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link to Source

Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are all ready to hand Emre Belozoglu the chance to play in England next season.
The player has confirmed he is leaving Internazionale in the summer with The Premiership and La Liga his two preferred destinations.
The 24-year-old is not yet ready to move back to his native Turkey and his agent has admitted to skysports.com that England is where he wants to be.
"I have told the Nerazzurri's officials that I'll leave in June because I want to play in another country," Emre told Lig TV.
"I don't want to come back to Turkey. I've received many offers both from Spain and England and I hope to go in one of those countries.
"I have another two years' contract with Inter, but I hope there won't be problems."
Both Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson are known to be long-term admirers of the diminutive Turk - who arrived at Inter in a £5 million treble deal which also saw Okan Buruk and Hakan Sukur transfer from Galatasaray.
Liverpool were also interested when Gerard Houllier was in charge and now it can be revealed that Rafa Benitez made a move for Emre in January - which confirms his interest.
While his fellow countrymen failed to find their feet in Serie A, Emre has flourished and shown what an adept player he is.
However, despite having two years left on his current deal - he is now ready to move on.
His agent Ahmet Bulut - who in November told skysports.com that Emre would quit Inter this summer - has again confirmed his client is looking to move.
Bulut still feels that England is the most likely destination for Emre.
"Emre wants to leave at the end of the season," he told skysports.com.
"I am now waiting for the offers and expect to receive them over the next few weeks.
"We expect that only the top clubs in England could afford Emre's salary and we know there has been a lot interest there.
"Liverpool tried for him during the transfer window, so that is something we may look at again - but we are still looking at the offers

what do you think to this?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I think you should know where the Rumors thread is.

·
Registered
60,503 Posts
Nope.

If you ask me, Vieira - Emre sounds scary...

too much quality.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Tolga said:
Sorry to upset you Twayka, but Emre isn't the most prolific scorer you'll find from midfield :eek:

If, infact, I had to pick one weakness to his game (ignoring the fact he's a midget), I'd say it's his lack of taking shots when he could..
He's the type who most often prefers a pass to a shot..

But, I think that he might score at a mor regular rate if he played in the EPL. It's a more open and quicker game, so he'll 'have' to shoot a little more often than in Italy where most defences play a more withdrawn game and invite you forward..

LOL

How many Inter games have you watched?

Just joking.

But seriously, he's the first person who I see shooting rather than passing. He sees a ball open near the box and he just hacks away. Trust me, I may be stupid but its true.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Tolga said:
BTW khmik, what acting with Emerton? :D
He went down after Emerton's challenge, and then started kicking the crap out of him while he was on the ground and Emerton was standing over him.. :howler:
I loved it when Rüstü ran 70 yards up the pitch to slap Emerton :dielaugh:
I thought Emre went down after Emerton's challenge and he started flopping about like he had epilipsy (sorry, shouldn't say that), and Emerton just stood there chuckling at him.

Still, it was hilarious :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Twayka said:
so is he simmilar to lampard in any way, i want a goalscoring cm.

he sounds the complete opposite, Lampard shoots every time and Emre never does.

Lampard had 6 shots again last night and 0 on target, he has the worst shots/goal ratio in the EPL, must be truly maddening to play with him.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
heh? i dindt know that.. but we need a CM that can defend and score almost every other match, i dont think emre is that type of player, so id rather we get Maniche.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Emre is the type of player that will sit back and defend, this could give ALonso/Gerarrd/etc a license to get forward a little more.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I've seen a lot of a this angry smurf...

gets baited every time

really good footballer though

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Liverpool?
That's a good chance for Emre, to prove himself!

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
I like Emre a lot, I wouldn't mind him coming to the Arsenal! :)

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
unlikely i think, with edu leaving we would have 2 back up midfielders ( flamini, cesc) both arent tall, i think the next guy will have to be not SHORT.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts