Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link to Source

Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are all ready to hand Emre Belozoglu the chance to play in England next season.
The player has confirmed he is leaving Internazionale in the summer with The Premiership and La Liga his two preferred destinations.
The 24-year-old is not yet ready to move back to his native Turkey and his agent has admitted to skysports.com that England is where he wants to be.
"I have told the Nerazzurri's officials that I'll leave in June because I want to play in another country," Emre told Lig TV.
"I don't want to come back to Turkey. I've received many offers both from Spain and England and I hope to go in one of those countries.
"I have another two years' contract with Inter, but I hope there won't be problems."
Both Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson are known to be long-term admirers of the diminutive Turk - who arrived at Inter in a £5 million treble deal which also saw Okan Buruk and Hakan Sukur transfer from Galatasaray.
Liverpool were also interested when Gerard Houllier was in charge and now it can be revealed that Rafa Benitez made a move for Emre in January - which confirms his interest.
While his fellow countrymen failed to find their feet in Serie A, Emre has flourished and shown what an adept player he is.
However, despite having two years left on his current deal - he is now ready to move on.
His agent Ahmet Bulut - who in November told skysports.com that Emre would quit Inter this summer - has again confirmed his client is looking to move.
Bulut still feels that England is the most likely destination for Emre.
"Emre wants to leave at the end of the season," he told skysports.com.
"I am now waiting for the offers and expect to receive them over the next few weeks.
"We expect that only the top clubs in England could afford Emre's salary and we know there has been a lot interest there.
"Liverpool tried for him during the transfer window, so that is something we may look at again - but we are still looking at the offers

what do you think to this?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
King of the Kop said:
He's not goin to displace any of our central mids so dont really see the point in him coming here.
Because he's quality?

·
Banned
195 Posts
This midget is not good enough to play in the Premier league let alone Liverpool.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
REDHOT7 said:
This midget is not good enough to play in the Premier league let alone Liverpool.
Can't think why you don't like him redhot.

;) :D

·
Banned
195 Posts
Well if he was that good, why is he leaving Inter?
How many matches has he started for Inter?
Does Liverpool really need to sign on players who were regular bench warmers at another club?

·
1st Tier Poster
51,142 Posts
He's among the most talented central midfielders in Serie A. It's bizarre that he has been a sub in Inter for most of the season, Mancini doesn't rate him too higly for some reason. He could be a good signing for Liverpool, him and Gerrard would be quite a duo, even though from defensive aspect that would be a bit risky solution.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
If he comes cheap
Ill take him.
Benitez will find him a place.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
don't think he will fit, who is Benitez going to sub, Xabi Alonso? Gerrard? don't think so, only if Gerrard leaves (which I doubt), and I would prefer Aimar if that happen.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
he is ours i tell u ,OURS!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :devil:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Because he's quality?
I repeat, Dont see any point in getting him.He's not better than Gerrard or Xabi so whats the point in buying him? If you disagree with me here, tell us why you would buy him.Either to displace Gerrard or Xabi, or to sit on his arse.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
He can also play on the left, although the central position is where he's better.

I agree, the current two cannot be replaced, so it's either if Gerrard moves, or Benitez plans to use him in Kewell's place.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
REDHOT7 said:
Well if he was that good, why is he leaving Inter?
How many matches has he started for Inter?
Does Liverpool really need to sign on players who were regular bench warmers at another club?

Are you mad that Karagoony cant even cut into teh roster at Inter, Emre starts plenty of games and he does well in those starts. Don't be mad that a greek cant do the same :) cause that is what this is about, Emre is Turkish and you hate him for being so good.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Do you also hate Nihat because he is Turkish and doing so well in La Liga??? pathetic... :D:D:D:D

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Well a concern would be where he'd play.. as Hakan said, Emre can play on the left too.. especially when Kewell is injured (as usual)..

With that said, on current form, Kewell should not start ahead of Emre (if we had him)..

I think Rafa is trying to build a strong 'squad' not first 11.. which is something we really lack in some positions.. especially in midfield.. if Diao and Biscan leave in the summer.. we'd have Xabi, Gerrard and Hamann in central midfield.. with Potter and Welsh as the young lads with the potential to play a number of 1st team games.. comparing that to other teams.. that's a very skinny midfield.. especially when u look at a team like Spurs.. who have bundles of good to very good players who don't play.. especially in midfield.. actually at the moment, Spurs have a much better squad than ours..

But the important point to me.. we're interested in players of Emre's calibre.. and he's interested in a move to England.. good to see that there are changes in terms of the quality we could be seeing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not sure if hed get in ahead of Gerarrd and Alonso (if there match fit), but if he were willing to sit on the bench for a large chunk of the season, then hed be very good cover, i think he could definaltly make it in the premiership though, if not at liverpool maybe one of the other 'bigger' clubs.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi KOTK..

Ya I'd expect most of the lads would disagree with my opinion.. but at the moment.. Spurs have an excellent central defender in Ledley King.. excellent experienced partner in Naybet.. and a coming star in Dawson.. they have issues on the wing back positions although Edman and Atouba have been OK..

In midfield.. they don't have the big names like Gerrard or Alonso.. but they have a bunch of players who are above average.. or have the potential to be great.. Steven Davis.. Simon Davies.. Carrick.. Mendes is OK.. Andy Reid.. Ziegler.. we have an aging Hamann who has shown on more than an occassion that he can't catch up with the action.. Nunez who I don't think can play with his balls!! and Smicer who's just back but rumors are he's leaving in the summer along with Biscan and Diao..

In attack.. we have Cisse, Moro and Baros.. they have Defoe, Keane, Mido and Kanoute.. no question about quality in our ranks.. but the quantity is low.. Although Kanoute is not class.. but he does help a lot when needed.. and has the occassional moment of brilliance..

Oh and in goal.. no question about it.. Robinson over Dudek or Kirky.. He's proven himself at the highest level.. unlike our 2 keepers (both unreliable)..

As I said, as a first team.. we have the better 11.. but as a squad.. they have the quality in depth we lack..

Respect your opinion.. but I disagree :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yasir said:
Hi KOTK..

Ya I'd expect most of the lads would disagree with my opinion.. but at the moment.. Spurs have an excellent central defender in Ledley King.. excellent experienced partner in Naybet.. and a coming star in Dawson.. they have issues on the wing back positions although Edman and Atouba have been OK..

In midfield.. they don't have the big names like Gerrard or Alonso.. but they have a bunch of players who are above average.. or have the potential to be great.. Steven Davis.. Simon Davies.. Carrick.. Mendes is OK.. Andy Reid.. Ziegler.. we have an aging Hamann who has shown on more than an occassion that he can't catch up with the action.. Nunez who I don't think can play with his balls!! and Smicer who's just back but rumors are he's leaving in the summer along with Biscan and Diao..

In attack.. we have Cisse, Moro and Baros.. they have Defoe, Keane, Mido and Kanoute.. no question about quality in our ranks.. but the quantity is low.. Although Kanoute is not class.. but he does help a lot when needed.. and has the occassional moment of brilliance..

Oh and in goal.. no question about it.. Robinson over Dudek or Kirky.. He's proven himself at the highest level.. unlike our 2 keepers (both unreliable)..

As I said, as a first team.. we have the better 11.. but as a squad.. they have the quality in depth we lack..

Respect your opinion.. but I disagree :)
Nunez is not a good player at all, get rid of him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts