Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the Parma - Empoli game today i am quite pleased to say that i think this is the turning point in our season!
There's a lot of factors to take into account that support this, i just want to know if anyone else agrees!
We scored a late winner through Paponi and we created quite a lot of chances during the game, the formation looked really good and our backline wasn't half as shaky as other weeks.
Paci was good and Lucarelli was below par, but Rossi covered for all the mistakes with a good performance.
Leon was good and i liked our midfield in general although Budel still disappoints me :(
Castellini was quite solid and Zenoni was really impressive for me!
Pavarini was quite quiet all game but he did well late on when we needed him to make the big plays.
Cristiano Lucarelli was pretty abysmal today, he didn't run, he looked tired, and missed a sitter.. Paponi has merited himself a start, he looked sharp, showed good vision and took his goal well.
I just hope this continues for us, cause the only way will be up if it does.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The turning point will be when we win an away game. So next Saturday against our rivals Mantova must arrive the conformation.
Again a derby!

But for this weekend let us enjoy the 3 points!

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
The turning point will be when we win an away game. So next Saturday against our rivals Mantova must arrive the conformation.
Yes. This tied in with the fact that they would be our first back-to-back victories since before i can remember.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Err didn't any of you see when Pavarini mucked up completely by throwing it out to Lodi I think it was jesus any half decent keeper knows not to do short distribution when the opposing team is that close to the goal!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm not convinced that this is THE turning point, it's the start of it. There are still problems in the team and Empoli had a few chances to score (as did we). If this result gives the players some confidence then expect us to climb, it's a question of how frail any optimism is. There will be games where we stumble and others where we fall flat on our faces. It's whether the self belief and confidence are there to pick the team up again. Only time will answer this.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I'm not convinced that this is THE turning point, it's the start of it. There are still problems in the team and Empoli had a few chances to score (as did we). If this result gives the players some confidence then expect us to climb, it's a question of how frail any optimism is. There will be games where we stumble and others where we fall flat on our faces. It's whether the self belief and confidence are there to pick the team up again. Only time will answer this.
:thumbsup: Pretty much sums up what I am feeling. It's all about self-belief because the talent is there in abundance. (Except perhaps in A.Lucarelli's case :pp)

I hope this game will give me hope again, the belief that our beloved Crociati will climb the table, get back into Serie A where we truly belong.
Forza Parma per sempre.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Could you say our defence line is reliable?If not,I'd like to say luck is on our side.From the game,Empoli's attack choked me many times.A win can't demonstrate anything,even it brings us big self confidence.But that condifence can't cure our team's problems,which still existing will cause our loss.
The turning point we called mostly originates from lack of self-confidence or luck,but the fact is our team defects cause our losses and draws.No solving problems,no turning point.
Even away victory is not the point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts