Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you rather have Emmanuel Adebayor or Fernando Torres? I think I'm actually leaning towards Adebayor due to his heading ability. I think he's just as good on and off the ball (his exceptional dribbling ability is rarely noted). I'm really high on Arsenal this year. Maybe that's the reason . . .

They are both 24 btw . . .

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The stats definitely point to Torres > Adebayor. However, I think I'd still go with Adebayor. I don't know what's clouding my judgment. I'm thinking of his play with his back to goal along with his speed. He can play as a big and quick striker. I think that's my reasoning . . .

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
take your pill and go to sleep man.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Torres. He's not an asshole.

Smarter player too.

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take your pill and go to sleep man.
I expected this response as well. Everyone I'm speaking to is telling me that Torres is the better player "by far." Is the gap really that large though?

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Torres easily. Despite Adebayor having the better size, Torres' has a much better striker IQ. He utilizes all of his advantages, and can score with ease. I've seen Adebayor make some pretty bad misses. If Torres was at Arsenal, he'd score like mad.

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Torres easily. Despite Adebayor having the better size, Torres' has a much better striker IQ. He utilizes all of his advantages, and can score with ease. I've seen Adebayor make some pretty bad misses. If Torres was at Arsenal, he'd score like mad.
Adebayor plays gorgeous football. I don't see his lack of intelligence tbh.

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to note as a loss of mine. Why? Based on historical data. Torres has been consistent for awhile now. Going to be an interesting season . . .

·
Registered
666 Posts
Adebayor on his day is very good player, but he can be very wasteful. I actually think Arsenal's midfield makes him look better than he is. Put Torres in a attacking team like Arsenal with Fabregas, and Rosicky, he'd score way more goals over Adebayor. Given Rafa's conservative football approach, I'm kinda surprised Torres scored as much he did last season for Liverpool.

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adebayor on his day is very good player, but he can be very wasteful. I actually think Arsenal's midfield makes him look better than he is. Put Torres in a attacking team like Arsenal with Fabregas, and Rosicky, he'd score way more goals over Adebayor. Given Rafa's conservative football approach, I'm kinda surprised Torres scored as much he did last season for Liverpool.
Torres takes more shots than you think (just as many per game as Adebayor). Also, Adebayor shot 59.4% while Torres shot 61.3%. I saw all 38 last year (for Liverpool and Arsenal - including UEFA) and I didn't come to that conclusion. I'm afraid I can't agree with your assessment of Adebayor. However, I will say that Torres is the better player at the moment due to historical data. I'm not able to build a good enough argument due to a lack of sample size.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
LOL.

Did you watch Arsenal games regularly? He strays offside far too often, drifts out wide and leaves no one in the centre and plays with his back toward goal a lot. And he wastes so many chances per game it isn't funny.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
lol..... what kind of thread is this? i think 99.9% of the world would take el nino over ade. though adebayor is a good player, fernando torres is phenomenal at what he does. i cant actually think of anything that adebayor can do better than torres apart from being offside.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.