Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Well a bad time to start the thread. What with Thiago Carleto coming in now...

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
How many players born in 1989 are granted starters?
Manchester United, Real Madrid and some other teams were after his ass before so he must have some kind of talent, especially when Unai said that he was impressed by him aswell

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Santos saying they were happy to let him leave doesn't inspire confidence though does it?

Though the Man U, Real links had slipped my mind.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
I really doubt that Santos was happy just because of what Tim Vickery said. He was their reserve yeah but I really doubt that they were happy, especially when he was extremely impressing in a youth tournament before.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Morreti was in Italy U21 as well. And he seemed very promising as well. I don't mean that we shouldn't give Carleto chances, but you guys were talking like he is the next Carlos or Carboni or Miguel even before seeing his match!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Seriously guys I really do think Moretti is a good left back. I think he gets too under-rated in this forum. He's defensively solid and his cool temper, along with Albiol's, creates the perfect match for Miguel and Marchena (and Alexis, for that matter) and their rabid wolves attitude in defending.

I for one am not in a hurry to replace him. Number 24 is the shit.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Morreti was in Italy U21 as well. And he seemed very promising as well. I don't mean that we shouldn't give Carleto chances, but you guys were talking like he is the next Carlos or Carboni or Miguel even before seeing his match!
Yeah and he's better than Zauri aswell who played for Lazio and now for Fiorentina, think he got into the Italian NT aswell, if he played like this in Italy, they would have him as the back-up for Grosso... easily!

We're of course interesting of seeing Carleto, especially when the coach staff says that they're VERY impressed by how he is so of course hype is going to be done. Most of the people in here haven't even seen Ximo Navarro but still wants him to play instead of Angulo or Albelda...

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Yeah and he's better than Zauri aswell who played for Lazio and now for Fiorentina, think he got into the Italian NT aswell, if he played like this in Italy, they would have him as the back-up for Grosso... easily!
Morreti had his good times when he was solid. But even then he wasn't called up...

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Donadoni wanted to call him up so he watched the roma game in UCL, moretti gave away a penalty, since then he hasn't been called up.

If he gets called up it will be a damn shame, cause that's how low the Italian team have sunk if they want an average left back.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Donadoni wanted to call him up so he watched the roma game in UCL, moretti gave away a penalty, since then he hasn't been called up.

If he gets called up it will be a damn shame, cause that's how low the Italian team have sunk if they want an average left back.
Zaccardo aren't so much better him either :D

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Zaccardo aren't so much better him either :D
Zaccardo isn't a left back though:pp

And Zaccardo was good before wc 06, better than Moretti.

He's not part of the Italian NT anymore.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Leftback is usually harder to find than rightbacks though and Zaccardo wasn't that much better than Moretti ;)

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Leftback is usually harder to find than rightbacks though and Zaccardo wasn't that much better than Moretti ;)
He was better than Moretti, much better.

Zaccardo before the world cup was in good form, and deserved a call up.

Leftbacks are harder to find than rightbacks?
yet Moretti still can't make it:howler:

Moretti shouldn't be playing for a top 8 team.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Yet Zaccardo is selected in the Italian NT, isn't that hilarious enough ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts