Leverkusen to Roma to involve themselves in the chase
for the Brazilian.

The 24-year-old Bundesliga star was expected to
complete a move to Roma as long ago as the 2nd of
December, but fierce arguments between the two clubs
involved over whether the player should have been approached have delayed the
deal ad nauseum.

Fifa have become embroiled in the argument and several clubs are hanging on
the final verdict of football's governing body before they decide to bid for the
player.

Milan are also clamouring to bring Emerson to Serie A, but the presence of Real
Madrid - who many thought would be uncharacteristically quiet in the transfer
market following news of their financial plight, but have proved anything but - may
galvanise current postitions.

Bayer admitted they were still in the dark as to the current position, with a
spokesman saying: "We spoke to a Fifa advisor about Emerson but we heard
nothing more.

"We still assume that Emerson will play at the club next year, as he does still
have a contract until 2002 with us."

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's no way that could happen. I wish Real would stop with these smoke screens. It would just be impossible to try and include another non-EU player. Like del Bosque said, there are 5 non-EUs trying for one position.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
are you stupid emerson has already signed for roma,and real will not get him:mad:

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
No oe here wants Emerson! WE have Fernando Carlos Redondo and Emerson de Rosa is like one class below our great midfilder:D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You guys shouldn't underrate Emerson. :( I always think he is a great player, and the MVP for Leverkusen...and it will be a pleasure to see him move to Real.
But get real, he is already belong to Roma...and another non-Euro player...so...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I don't understand what all the fuss about Emerson is, because he is solid, but he isn't all that great a player. Maybe I haven't seen him enough, but I've never been overimpressed, by his dribbling or passing. And he is non EU :(

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I cant remember but I remember i HIGHLY respected old fotballer said that his favourite player was Emerson.
I thougt it was starnge cause he is not like your ordinary Brazilian.
The person said that NOONE (!!!) could have better VISION at the field then Emerson and that is the best compliment a midfielder can get..

Can anyone remember who said that???

Real&Barcafan

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know it
it was leverkusens coach UDO LATTEK.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I've heard that statement too, but can't recall who said it. The rest goes, that Emerson is a great player, because he desoraganises a teams whole attack with a seamingly meaningless foul in the midfield. A enious tactician in other words. I know, I'm not as good as that great man who said that about Emerson, but my opinion stays the same: Emerson is average, not world-class:cool: :eek:

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Wow! We could have another topic named "players the coaches love but the fans think are average"!!! :D

Cause really, there are many players like that- at least one in each team, think about that one!

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
We the fans are the real football meat:) We make it what it is, so our opinions are more important too? Ok, maybe not, but we're usually right;)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The football meat! I like that :) We need some football vegetables to go with that.

Usually right? Being a Real Madrid fan means never having to be wrong. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts