Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portugal midfielder Sergio Conceicao has alleged that Brazil star Emerson tried to injure him during Wednesday's friendly in an attempt to gain Roma an advantage in the Serie A title race.

"He could have seriously hurt me," explained the winger. "I immediately thought: 'I'm an Internazionale player, he is from Roma.' I could not repeat what I said to him - it was some bad words in my own language…"

Inter lead the Italian table by two points from Roma, with Juventus just a point further back. There are three games left and Conceicao, who scored Portugal's goal in the 1-1 draw with Brazil, believes he can help bring the Scudetto home for the Nerazzuri.

"My performance against Brazil sets me up to finish the season in the right way," he said. "I know I'm playing better for Portugal than with my club, but I can play more offensively in the national side. Hector Cuper asks me for different things.

"But it's good to know that the outcome of the championship is completely in our hands."

Conceicao was also pleased to see club-mate Ronaldo come through the Lisbon friendly in good health. "He played a great match," said Conceicao. "I spoke with him after the match and he told me he was not as tired as he had been on Sunday.

"That's why I'm sure he'll be in the starting line-up against Chievo. This match could be our last major obstacle.

"I have no fear about our final game at the Stadio Olimpico against my former team Lazio. I know the supporters and the Roman environment. They will never help Roma win the title."

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Rijkaard said:
Portugal midfielder Sergio Conceicao has alleged that Brazil star Emerson tried to injure him during Wednesday's friendly in an attempt to gain Roma an advantage in the Serie A title race.

"He could have seriously hurt me," explained the winger. "I immediately thought: 'I'm an Internazionale player, he is from Roma.' I could not repeat what I said to him - it was some bad words in my own language.
WAS EMERSON GOIN NUTS OR WHAT?!!!!!

His act can only be an advantege to Inter!:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Rijkaard said:
"I have no fear about our final game at the Stadio Olimpico against my former team Lazio. I know the supporters and the Roman environment. They will never help Roma win the title." [/B]
He must be fooling himself!Dont trust his words!!He'll score an own goal on that day!!:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
hahhahaha Forza EMERSON!!!!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't respect this sarcastic tone among the Inter fans posting in this topic. Conceicao has been disappointing but IMO you shouldn't be so hard on him. After all, he has been improving slowly during the previous played matches. (Even though his performance vs. Brescia was lousy) He seems a bit faster and determined. I like the fact that he still believes in himself. That always makes a player more valuable.
Try to keep the faith in our players!!!

Forza Inter

Sune

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
it's probably true, emerson is a major league a**hole.

i haven't watched conceicao this year, but he used to be a great player. i was surprised when i read your comments about him. i guess he's another inter player who never adjusts, then leaves and plays great somewhere else. you rarely get good players to work for you. it's a big problem for you IMO

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Bullcrap.

I've watched this game and Emerson always plays like this, he is down and dirty and was also covering Pauleta & Figo the same way he did to Conceicao. Conce didn't get injured so he should shut up and stop crying. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts