Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s6910.html

01/17/2004. Roma's Brazilian midfielder, Emerson, has stated that he is not sure yet of what his near future reserves to him.

"It's very difficult to talk about my contract," he said, "The future is uncertain and I don't know what will happen in two or three months time. I prefer not talking about what's good for me before; it's easy that in a short time everything can change."
SA Europe

when players say they dont know about their future nowdays it means one thing only "I moving to Chelsea and get my ass (and my clubs) full of money. And hey thats great! Emerson, beg to leave by the end of the season. Lets make some cash on ur departure and go shopping next summer :nasty:

Hmmmm I want him, and him, and hmmm this one looks good too

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I dont really want Emerson to go!

But Im being realistic about it also, and we can benefit also from his leave! I think a perfect replacement is Volpi for me, he wouldnt look out of place in any top team and he is a superb player! Plus we can also have the funds to buy a striker!!!!

But now, none of this should be talked about until we feel he is leaving!!!!

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Emerson has always wanted to stay at Roma. You can't blame him for Roma's uncertain financial situation and Sensi's closed mouth strategy for dealing with it.
Emerson is a professional that loves Roma. He is keeping his mouth shut because he knows nothing about his future and that's Roma's fault, not Emerson's. The man has given us everything he has in the last 4 years and he remains committed to the red jersey, yet you reward him with this!
Leave Emerson alone and let him achieve a new contract in peace, wherever that might be. Forza Puma! :star:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Dacourt is outplaying Emerson week after week with his unbelieveable stamina combined with his ability to exit a battle with the ball. He also has great dribblings for a central midfielder. For me, he's perfect! Forza Dacourt!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
FrancescoTotti said:
Dacourt is outplaying Emerson week after week with his unbelieveable stamina combined with his ability to exit a battle with the ball. He also has great dribblings for a central midfielder. For me, he's perfect! Forza Dacourt!
See? Just forget about Emerson's name and you'll see that Dacourt is a much more complete player than him. With Tommasi and De Rossi in your squad there's no need to keep Emerson while you can get loads of money for him and buy a real goalkeeper and a better left-wing.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FrancescoTotti said:
Dacourt is really our midfield now. He can mark ok, he can dribble, hes clever, he can pass the ball quickly (not like Emerson "what am I going to do with the ball?") and also has a good shot.

The reason I want Emerson to go is not Emerson, its Chelsea actually, we cant play the fools and act like our team is perfect as it is. The money would come in handy and we cant compete Champions League next season with a team like that

·
Registered
805 Posts
The reason I want Emerson to go is not Emerson, its Chelsea actually, we cant play the fools and act like our team is perfect as it is. The money would come in handy and we cant compete Champions League next season with a team like that
Arent u depriving a village somewhere on this vast planet of an idiot? Chelsea have already filled their defensive midfield needs, and Emerson will not fetch the 30M Euro price tag he did last season from them, because they are no longer desperate for a dm. Despite his lack of form at the moment, Emerson is an important player that forms part of the backbone of our team.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Also if I recall correctly, Chelsea never offered as much as 30 mil. euros, more like 20.
Emerson has not been at his best for most of this season, that's true, but I have confidence in him, he will soon regain the form of last season, when he was just incredible, better than Dacourt now. Then we will have an amazing partnership ready to steamroll through the opponents' midfields.

If he can't reach an agreement for the new contract until June, he must be sold though, among those players who can bring us a lot of money he's the one who will be replaced most easily. We have to wait and see, I hope he stays and regain his best form after the problems around the contract extension are cleared up.

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Arent u depriving a village somewhere on this vast planet of an idiot? >>

Why must you insult a fellow Romanista to get your point across? I've asked Boomer not to insult people, and I don't believe he should be insulted either. Just give your opinion and care about other's feelings.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Primo I dont mean to be unfair or anything but damn it was an insult was gonna come sooner or later!

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
yeah, lets get rid of maybe the best most complete holding midfield player in the world.....good move for Roma :rolleyes: ....i just hope that we can keep him b/c hes very good....but if he is sold for a large amount of money then hopefully it will be OUT of Italy and on good terms....Roma is a big club but sometimes things must be done to help the team later on rather then now...so selling Emerson might be one of em...i would take his leaving A LOT BETTER if we did win the ________!!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deano said:
Primo I dont mean to be unfair or anything but damn it was an insult was gonna come sooner or later!
I wonder what the heck did u meant by that.

And hey Primo, thank u for defending me here, Im really grateful pal!:smileani:

Chelsea offered the fee for Emerson AFTER getting Makelele. Why? Uhn well becuz Abramovic loves buying players either he needs them or not...
Emerson is really good but this season Dacourt has been better than him and he is not a irreplaceable player in our team and not the piece in our team we would need too many cash to replace.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma invite Emerson offers Sunday 1 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma director of sport Franco Baldini has confirmed the club will “consider any offers that come in” for Emerson.

The Brazilian is tied to the Capital side until 2005, but contract renegotiations have been dragging on for months with no signs of an agreement.

“There are problems involved with extending Emerson’s contract,” announced Baldini this morning.

“If we are unable to achieve a deal, then we will begin to evaluate the offers that come in for him.”

This is a very important development in the saga, as only last summer Roma refused a £25m bid from Chelsea.

The Giallorossi’s financial problems and Emerson’s contract situation suggests he will move on at the end of this season.

The Stamford Bridge giants are by no means the only side showing an interest, as Inter, Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid are also keeping an eye on the former Bayer Leverkusen star.

channel4

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im sorry.... Im sorry I cant hold it.....
YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! WE DO NEED THIS CASH OW DUDE!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
You know I am joking man, respect is what all Roma fans should have for each other. But pls, refrain yourself to such comments like "Emerson Scram!", you can say the same thing in a more polite tone dont you agree?

:)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know I know the particular "Emerson, scram!" thing was more a joke u know. I just imagined myself kicking Emersons butt out of trigoria... t would be fun anyways even tho I like the dude...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts