Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally this deal is done,its going to cost Roma 35 mil,Bayern wanted 40 and Sensi gave 30...so right in the middle worked out fine :)
Now this seems to be the last of the transfers that Sensi will make,hopefully,cause i really don't think we need anything else.Unless he sells somebody of importance
Here it is:
----------------Antonoli--------------
----Zago--------Samuel------------Zebina----
---Cafu------Assuncao/Zanetti---Emerson-----Candela
------------Totti-------------------
-----Montella/Delvecchio-------Batistuta------
Now that is killer,
reserves:Aldair,Mangone,Rinaldi,Di Francesco,Tommasi,Zanetti/Assuncao,Nakata,Poggi,Balbo,Lupatelli,

N

·
0 Posts
Finally,

Looks amazing line up to me. I wonder how Capello is going to use the subs... Anyways, I can't wait till the season starts and I wished that the season started earlier this year.

PS.

Candela is getting married this week. cheers,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just what I thought, Nakata should get the hell out of Rome, he will never get a game.

How much money in £s has been spent buy Roma and Lazio this season?.

Well I bet a few more signings will be made before the season, and good luck Roma for the new season.

I hope Batistuta is as good, as he was for Fiorentina, if not better, if that is possible. There are three midfields that will get ahead of him in your reserves. Unless Capello plans to use Nakata as a supersub for Totti. (Which I think will be stupid, Totti will not like it for a start)

Back to Hide, I think he needs first team football all the time, to help the Japanese game and bring more Japanese players into Europe, and whats that thing I heard in his contract, about him needed to play 75% of the games, or he can leave for a fee of around £13 million.

I heard Man Utd, Leeds and Arsenal are keeping tabs on this situation. Personally i would love Nakata to come to England, but I don't think he would suit the style of a fast paced game.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
very strong team
though the only problem may be zebina, who although he might have had a great season last year, isnt really proven. He could become the weak link in the team :(
but there is aldair to replace him
nakata, if he moves, i really hope will go to arsenal :D i think totti should be playing more forward, and let nakata slip into the playmaker role

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nakata7,

Candela has been married in the vatican. All Roma players and the french italians where there. Totti was best man.
Emerson deal was great and now we just need one more great defender, perhaps Sol Campbell??

I

·
0 Posts
I hope that Nakata leaves also. He is AWESOME and deserves to start. I think the team that would best suit him would be Milan. He could replace Boban, who is also a good player but getting old.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya apparently Emerson is getting married in the same chapel.
Anyway,it should be interesting to see if Aldair falls into Capello's plans or not.Cause last time i heard things weren't going to well for Aldair thats why i didn't put him in.
Ya i still think we need a top class defender,i'd take Cannavaro over Campbell anyday.But i read today that Cragnottti and Tanzi made a deal that Cannavaro would go to Lazio :( ,this guy is starting to piss me off!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting......

I just found out that Emerson wants and will get the number 8 jersey,and yes that's the one that Nakata wears.So,what does that mean,either he's going to leave or he doesn't have a problem with it.Interesting....
Amo,got it from kataweb,they say that if Parma can't find a solution for Crespo that Cragnotti promised he wouldn't sell Salas if they couldn't find a replacement,but they would have to give up Cannavaro

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya Cristiano Zanetti,not Javier.I know these two clubs jointly owned the player but Zanetti wanted to stay with Roma cause he felt he wasn't going to get a fair shake with Lippi.And we signed Zebina with Guigou last week.

As Roma start their training camp,Capello said today that Roma will play with four defencemen rather than three....
What do you guys think??
I guess he's taking a page from Lazio :)
Anyway,this could be good cause it won't leave us so open for the counterattack which has hurt us in the past.
-----------------Antonoli--------------
----Zago---------Aldair-------Samuel------Zebina-----

Cafu--------------Emerson-----------------Candela----
-------------Totti---------------------
---------------Bati---------Montella/Delvecchio------
Note:
Nakata says that he wants to stay.And Capello said that Montella is going nowhere,even if he were to trade him for Cannavaro,..sounds good.This means we have 2 top players for every position!!!!!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or..........................

I saw this one in the italian paper which i think is stronger:
------------Antonoli--------------------
---Cafu-----Aldair-----Samuel-------Candela---
-------Assuncao--Emerson------Zanetti--------
---------------Totti----------------
------Montella-------Batistuta----------
(Delvecchio)

Now,thats a team i would love to see play!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks great lupo, but i would go with this.

------Antonioli------
--Cafu--Aldair--Samuel--Zebina
--Assuncao--Emerson--Candela
------Totti------
--Montella--Batistuta--

Question regarding your site. When you launch it, will you be able to put out Roma games??

L

·
0 Posts
Il Lupo...sorry been a bit busy and not dropped by for a while. Seems I'm not the only one who's been busy as the presidents of La Roma and our regional neighbours have been splashing the cash about. After all the haggling it's good to see Emerson is on board!
Have to say the squad is coming together and your teams(plural) are exciting. Capello's Milan had a four at the back if memory serves me right, and they were almost always a quattro-quattro-due weren't they?
I think there's always a place for local boys in any team so Step forward Rinaldi!!
BTW I hear that Milan are waiting for the Barca pres elections before taking on Rivaldo!! With the neighbours getting Crespo, Claudio Lopes and who ever else they fancy!, it's clear that money is NOT too tight to mention in Serie A this season.
Forza Roma!
Come on you Spurs!
Come on Celtic!
Forza Saint Mirren!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
London Bhoy Good to hear from ya man,
i was wondering where you were,i always like talkin' about Roma with ya,now if only we could hear from GJC,we'd be back in business!!
Olympico,
i really haven't seen Zebina so i really don't know how goood he is,or also Guigou,how good are they,but what i've heard from the press is that they're great young talent.
I think i like Candela in the position that you've put him in,that way he can attack more with his great dribbling,and give Totti a hand,but i still would like to get Zanetti in there.
As for my site,i've got a chip in my computer that allows me to hook up my vcr to my computer and record games on there,so i will be showing the most important highlites(ie.goals,posts,crossbars,red cards etc.)
If you're talking about a live play-by-play i will also be doing this,but only when i get the Roma games,so lets cross our fingers cause if they do well,i'll be able to watch more games as the television station usually picks the teams that are on the top of the table!!
Speaking of websites,check out this:http://www.francescototti.it
Its his new site that just opened up,in there you'll see his girlfriend Maria Mazza,and other cool things,i suggest downloading the desktop!!!
However its only in italian.
But if you think thats a good website,mine will blow your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
If you would play 4-3-3 i think you would go for this:

________________Antonioli_________________

_____________Zago_______Samuel____________
Cafu_______________________________Candela

_________Assuncao_______Zanetti___________
_________________Emerson__________________

__________________Totti___________________
________Batistuta_______Delvecchio________

Possible chances:
Aldair for Zago or Samuel
Zebina for Zago or Samuel
Montella for Delvecchio
Nakata,Tomassi and Di Franscesco could also feature instead of Assuncao or Zanetti.

Looks the same like 2 years ago...

Doesn't looks bad but you have to drop alot of 'stars' and that doesn't provide good athmopshere in the dressing room:(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts