Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Email FIFA and let them know how you feel about the officiating in this World Cup. First Portugal, then Italy and now poor Spain.

Spain had two disallowed goals, Italy had it's share and Portugal had an atrocious sending off of Beto.

FIFA is already investigating the matter because today's game with Spain-South Korea was apparently the straw that broke the camel's back. This could get serious and I wouldn't be surprised if South Korea is stripped of its semi-final berth by next week.

I have already emailed FIFA and so have 4.5 million others. Do your part and show them how disgusted you are with the decisions made by refs in this tournament.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Fee-Go said:

and Portugal had an atrocious sending off of Beto.

Man I felt many decisions that went against us contributed, but we must take blame aswell
like 1- that horrifc offside that resulted in USA's 2nd goal against us.
2- and V Sth Korea there were a few. No one denies JVPintos deserved sending off , but what about that bloke that tackled him moments earlier ??? Beto didnt deserved to be booked once !!!, And what is the ruling on substituitions , I may be wrong on this one- doesnt the referee have to stop play till a player is in position - cause if this is correct, why wasnt play halted when Andrade came on for Pauleta???Andrade was left running down to the contest when Korea scored meaning we were 3 players short.

This tournament is thre worst ever officiated - but we cant take away nothing from the acheivers. If Brasil win it will be the best result, cause they wouldve won matches that werent marred by discraceful refereeing

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I dont care what anyone thinks as well from this comment but I feel in every Sth Korean game watched & this is not sourgrapes or anything. But I feel the referee has given them everychance to win & there opponent evrychance to lose with there calls.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have never seen a world cup or any other competition for that, having the results so heavily influenced by the refs decisions. There have been countless errors by the refs that have practicly decided who wins a game.

It would be interesting to get a compiled list of the games and the decisions that resulted in a dubious winner.

Heres some that come to mind:

*Brazil given a phantom pk to win the game against Turkey
*USA given an off side goal against Portugal
*Mexico not given valid pk (hand ball in box) against USA
*USA not given valid pk (hand ball in box) against Germany
*Italy disallowed valid goal against Korea
*Spain disallowed two valid goals against Korea (at least the second should have been given that was an extra time winner)

theres been tones of other games that resulted by dubious referring decision - who remembers some of the others.

I remember Sweden having a valid goal annulled against who was it, uhmm Brazil?? anyone know??

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Strangly my dad and I were having a similar conversation. My dad being born in Portugal in 1957 and being a huge soccer fan made me feel great talking to him about it. What made me feel good is that I'm not the only that believes this FIFA ****t. My dad also talked to me about WC 1966. He told me that England which at the time was an overall monarchy, the Queen had the $$$ and paid off FIFA to keep the championship in with England, disallowing Portugal to win. He told me that this was in news papers everywhere, but there was nothing that could be done.

On another topic, he told me that Eusebio was asked to go to an English club for a large large amount, but Salazar did not allow it.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Well is the big soccer nations all threw in there vote of no confidence in the FIFA board they must change members or there should be an independant inquiry. This must happen or run the risk of a new world body taking effect. In the last 10 years or so the wrench of politics has become almost unbearable at FIFA.

BTW - One must ask , How the hell did Sepp Blatter get re - appointed as President when only days before he was at the centre of a huge money issue ???? This FIFA board are becoming known ast the biggest bullsh!tting organisation since the WWF ( or whatever it is called now ) !!!!!!

G

·
OIt goes father then the WC! When we lost to france and protested badly we got 3 players banned. when holland did it to us no one said a thing. Man Utd do that everytime a decision goes against them but nothing happens.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
just for your Info;)

Emails of the angry fans caused FIFA server to crash down;) in one night it received over 400 000 emails;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
ive just been inspired to send FIFA a little email of my own, make that now 400,001

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the Queen had the $$$ and paid off FIFA to keep the championship in with England, disallowing Portugal to win.
Oh come on. I'm not saying the officiating for that now famous game was fair, but the Queen paid off FIFA? This is the kind of statement that allows FIFA to ridicule legitimate grievance.

I agree the officiating has been bad. The incidents that stand out in my mind were the two legitimate goals Italy had called back against Croatia, the one goal they had called back against South Korea, the two goals Spain had called back against South Korea, (especially the second one), and Ronaldinho's red card.

Our game against South Korea also featured bias in favour of the home team, but to my mind, we lost that game on our own - mainly through bad coaching. It was the decision to play certain players, and the cowardly strategy of playing to protect a tie that really did us in.

·
Registered
642 Posts
COUTO 5 said:
I'll will disagree , with the PK for Brazil V Turkey. Alpay did give away th PK by grabbing the shirt & did fully deserve the sending off !!!
No doubt - it was a foul and a sendin off (as he was the last man).

It just wasnt a pk because it happened outside the box (at least half a meter) and of this Im a 100% positive becuase I viewed the replay several times in slow-mo and it is quite clear.

It was obvious at first site that the foul happened outside the box, I dont know how they gave Brazil a penalty for that; Ive seen numerous fouls that were closer to the box, say just on the line and were only given as a free-kick as that one should have.

The officiating has sucked and the results have been influenced by these dudd refs, no-onder there are conspuiracy theories cropping up all over the place; I dont really beleive or give a stink about these theories, to me its just a shame that the game has been ruined and that the results have been tarnished.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Sure there have been some calls that have been favoring certain teams. Brazil, and S. Korea have benefitted widely from ref decisions. However in previous WC's, I have seen Italy, England, Spain, and other teams benefit as well. It's part of the WC, and until they take away the human element of refereeing from the game, it will continue to go on.

However I strongly, strongly disagree with anyone who thinks the refs affected Portugal's outcome in this WC. Portugal did not deserve to go through in our group based on their play and coaching. It's as simple as that.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
RedEagle is dead on. The only difference in this World cup compared to others are the teams that have benefitted. With 4 of the giants being sent home early, it is no wonder that FIFA take notice.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Stop crying about it. Referee's are human and like players make mistakes. Does everyone go mental at players when they are given yellow cards I think not so leave the refs alone. As for the handball in the Germany game Hugh Dallas was correct as the player did not reach for the ball or move to touch it with his hand unlike Xavier so unless you know the rules, don't speculate, it makes you look stupid and ignorant.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
bigscotty said:
Stop crying about it. Referee's are human and like players make mistakes. Does everyone go mental at players when they are given yellow cards I think not so leave the refs alone. As for the handball in the Germany game Hugh Dallas was correct as the player did not reach for the ball or move to touch it with his hand unlike Xavier so unless you know the rules, don't speculate, it makes you look stupid and ignorant.
Hey BigScotty, take two of these :finger: :finger:

To tell me that Korea has beaten Italy, Portugal, and Spain without any help is a farce :fero:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bigscotty said:
Stop crying about it. Referee's are human and like players make mistakes. .
I disagree. Occasional mistakes are one thing. But making crucial bad judgments almost every game is another.

We haven't heard the last of this.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i've watched the portugal,italy and spain game against korean and have them all on taped which i've watced dozens of times and personally i feel yes korea did deserve to win the game against portugal even tho the refs being 100% so call "humans making mistakes" judging fairly is a load of crap, most the calls against portugal i did argee with, but beto's red really was uncalled for, as for the other games i do believe the refs were unfair as well. to tell yall the truth i do believe korea is gonna win this one, it's sealed boys, refs can do so much to help win games even tho there not playing, but it all does make a difference. this is just a PERSONAL OPINON of mine tho.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts