Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Galatasaray transfered former Fener player Elvir Balic on a free transfer from Real Madrid. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
212 Posts
First saw this on an antu discussion, then i checked ajansspor.com to confirm..
I haven't been able to get rid of the shock for almost half an hour.
Our fans loved Balic.. Although i dont think he can catch his form in 1998-99 i think he betrayed FB fans.

·
*the drum drum*
43,197 Posts
I think that he isn't half the player he once was...

Although, Terim might bring out the best in him :eek:

Another good thing in Gala's perspective is that he holds a Turkish passport, so theres no foreigner problems...

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
He has had no success since leaving Fener, but he had talent in those days. If he is able to regain form, I think he could be great for Gala. Most likely, he will be a reserve for them.

But I am still shocked he signed with Gala, after everything he said:eek:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
But I am still shocked he signed with Gala, after everything he said
And, that shows that we shouldn't ever believe in players instead of the team;)

·
*the drum drum*
43,197 Posts
He said he'd rather die than play for Gala right?

I can still understand why he signed for Gala...He's desperate to play, and Gala was easily the best team he could have chosen (otherwise he would have been in the Spanish 2nd division, at the best)...
The stupid thing on his behalf was to say what he said...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Maybe he was under the influence when he said those remarks.

Knowing Balic, I would not be surprised at all:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, i doubt he can do anything at Gala, though as Prince said, Terim might get the best out of him.

His "dream" move to Real was a nightmare. He got injured in the very first pre-season after a nice half of football in a friendly against Fenerbahce, then Toshak, the guy who brought him, got sacked about 8 games into the season. By the time Baljic recovered, he was simply in no contention for a spot in Del B's plans.

He also isn't really a hard worker at all, even when he went back to FB on-loan, he didn't do half as good as he did in 98-99 (yes, i do follow the Turkish league alot, believe it or not ;)).

Terim has a chance of helping him re-discover his form, but i have a feeling Terim will also clash with his lazy attitude and not waste his time, its not like Gala don't have other solid players.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, seeing how he has not had a decent season since his last season with Fenerbahce (the first time around), I would be surprised if he is able to turn things around after 3 sub-par years.

I think Terim will try to get him motivated and in the end, will use another player.

·
*the drum drum*
43,197 Posts
He wasn't that bad during his 2nd spell at Fener...
He was scoring and assisting plenty of goals. But after the mid-season break something happened to him, and he played the worst footbal I've ever seen from him...

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
And I vaguely remember that he was kicked off the roster of his Spanish team for sth really juvenile, but I don't remember what it was:confused:

·
*the drum drum*
43,197 Posts
Deniz said:
And I vaguely remember that he was kicked off the roster of his Spanish team for sth really juvenile, but I don't remember what it was:confused:
After he was told that he would start the game on the bench, he faked illness to avoid sitting the bench :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, that's it. THanks.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Well Balic has been doing excellently amazing so far he has all of a sudden become a free-kick speacilist and is playing simply increadible h is the star of pre-season training so far after Felipe.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Kim ne nerse desin....

Balic said.. he would rather die tna wear Galatasaray shirt... what happend he is wearing a Galatasaray shirt... and as a Gala fan i am very happy becuz he is a really good palyer and if Terim helps him out he would be the Balic everyone remeber back in the year 1998-99....
he is going to be amazing for Galatasaray.. we have seen alot from him in the friendly matches.. he wants to prove himself and he has got the chance.. and we bought him for free............
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
His command of Turkish is pretty good, if I remember correctly. He and Bolic speak it quite well.

taffarel was the worst:D:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts