Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perugia To Sign Eleftheropoulos

01/30/2004. Italian side Perugia are on the verge of signing Olympiakos' first-choice goalkeeper Dimitris Eleftheropoulos on a free-transfer.

The 28-year-old Greek international goalkeeper wanted to leave the Piraeus club, and after a statement by his previous team-mate and Greek international central defender Paraskevas Antzas (who also decided to leave the Greek champions and sign for a third division club Doxa Dramas) who revealed recently in a TV programme that Eleftheropoulos wants to leave too, Olympiakos' officials met with the player to inform him of his contract termination.

Eleftheropoulos established himself at Olympiakos as the club's top-priority goalkeeper early in the 1996-97 season.
SA Italy

I remember seeing him play vs. Juve a few seasons ago in the UCL and he was amazing. He has been hit with injuries recently correct? Is he still good?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Injuries and his ATTITUDE killed his career. He is not half the player he use to be.

He was one of the best GK's in Europe around the time we played Juventus (in 98') and he was young, it's just he was "undiscovered" and nobody knew about him (except for Greeks).

The guy is a loser though, he will never amount to anything. Could have been really great, but he doesn't have what it takes mentally. And now he has been constantly injured also.

If he does sign, just wait until you see him deal with a cross... you will laugh your ass off. lol :tongue: How many years of football, and he still cannot deal with crosses. :yuck: I'll tell you what though, he is one of the best on his line keepers I have seen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts