Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already expressed what I thought about it when Florentino resigned, but this is not my club, but my rival, so my word means nothing.

Today Marca's cover was:

Elections
-The madridismo have the right to choose the president who organize the new Real Madrid.

Since the very begining, I didn't hear Florentino nor Martin talking about elections for the presidency, so I assume that Martin's plan is to continue in the job, which is legal, but arguable anyway.

I just wonder what the madridistas think about it.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Of caurse elections are the right and moral thing to do.
We need someone that can offer a revolution, and have the mandate to do it.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I already expressed what I thought about it when Florentino resigned, but this is not my club, but my rival, so my word means nothing.

Today Marca's cover was:

Elections
-The madridismo have the right to choose the president who organize the new Real Madrid.

Since the very begining, I didn't hear Florentino nor Martin talking about elections for the presidency, so I assume that Martin's plan is to continue in the job, which is legal, but arguable anyway.

-The socios (members) now have the right to elect a president to organise a new Real Madrid.

Sorry for being pedantic, but just correcting you. :thumbsup:

If this happens, well, I wouldn't know what to think in all honesty. Perhaps it will be a light at the end of the tunnel, who knows, but perhaps let Martin stay until the end of the summer? Unless this was gonna be the initial plan.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Koeman4 said:

Elections

MARCA is right. RM needs to vote about a new president in elections. Now it looks like Perez has voted Martin all by himself and nothing will really change.

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
election is fine with me, but election would be at the earliest in May/June. Who would make the plan how to proceed after the WC, who contacts possible signings?
think you can not manage to sign players during the World Cup and therefore it could be better to give the Steering wheel to Martin at least until the next season, then organize elections. otherwise i fear that we will start the season 2006/07 with the same mess of a squad.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Michinho said:
election is fine with me, but election would be at the earliest in May/June.
Nope. It would be only fair from Perez to step down and suggest elections within the shortest time as possible. There are other people who can lead the club in meantime.

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
lili said:
Nope. It would be only fair from Perez to step down and suggest elections within the shortest time as possible. There are other people who can lead the club in meantime.
and you think 'other people' will follow 1 vision? can find a coach and players to re-gain confidence and success? i have my doubts on that...

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Michinho said:
and you think 'other people' will follow 1 vision? can find a coach and players to re-gain confidence and success? i have my doubts on that...
by the other people i mean the supporting managment, it's not that we've got only a president to take care about the club.;)

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Here are all the candidates and some votes in Marca...

Martin has (we know who he is) 34.44%
Lorenz Sanz (that evil man) has 17.12%
Carlos Sainz (lengendary rally driver) has 40.67%
Arturo Baldasano (unkown) has 7.77%

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Elections are a must. We can't have an unproven man like Fernando Martín come to power at such an important club without having the full backing of the Madridismo.

We are in crisis, three years without winning a trophy has not been seen since 50 years ago and rebuilding this club needs careful thinking and critical decision making.

I don't trust Fernando Martín, he is just trying to say the right things in the media and fool the socios, but the reality is that he is a mere disciple of Florentino Pérez. He was part of the Galactico project that failed, that can't just be dismissed as water under the bridge.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Only thing that failed was Beckham

·
Registered
782 Posts
Elections have to be made after next years team is all ready and announced. No way to do it before. Martin has the LEGAL right to stay in power until 2008, but will probabaly have an election before. But there is no chance in hell he has it before, and said so already.

th only other choice but Martin is Sainz, and what experience does he have>>???

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
org said:
Elections have to be made after next years team is all ready and announced. No way to do it before. Martin has the LEGAL right to stay in power until 2008, but will probabaly have an election before. But there is no chance in hell he has it before, and said so already.

What legal right for God's sake? Perez made him a president, not the socios, who should vote. :frustrat:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
org said:

Why after the next team year is announced?
what kind of a logic is that? You let the current president buy the players he want and then you hand them over to a president that might not want these players?

Perez have fooled everyone big time, first by pointing the finger at the players (Some leader he is...), and then by forcing a president on the club with this martin guy who is the same as perez.

The socios should act and demand elections.

and as for Sainz's exprience, give me a break, martin and perez have a lot of exprience in management, just look what their "exprience" did to this club...

For me, the whole management needs to go, martin, butra (My life long idol :proud: ), benito (I'm still waiting for the 80% spaniard team), lopez (he is a B team coach and nothing more).

a complete cleanup, starting from the top and going down to the last player...

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Im not sure. for a clear cut elections in summer wouldnt be ideal. The current president has to step down 4 weeks before the elections and RM cannot sign any player during that time. Since the WC is this summer we could place that time during the WC. But also unofficial agreements are extremely insecure as you can never say how the election turns out. Except someone pull a "Figo". Not sure though if the socios fall in for that again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
lili said:
What legal right for God's sake? Perez made him a president, not the socios, who should vote. :frustrat:
The club acts are clear in this point: If the president dismisses, the Directive must name a president already in the directive, who will continue until the next elections period (here it is 2 years). Perez proposed Martín, and the directive ratified him the next morning. Only in case that the directives wouldn't find a president, a managing council participated by all the Big Bosses would rule the club unjtil the end of the season, when new free elections would be dated.

IMO it is still too soon for elections. Martin may do the things run good; and I don't want to see Lorenzo Sanz again in the chair. Also, Butragueño, Arturo Baldasano and Carlos Sainz aren't ready yet. Or that's my point of view.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Pa la saca said:
The club acts are clear in this point: If the president dismisses, the Directive must name a president already in the directive, who will continue until the next elections period (here it is 2 years). Perez proposed Martín, and the directive ratified him the next morning. Only in case that the directives wouldn't find a president, a managing council participated by all the Big Bosses would rule the club unjtil the end of the season, when new free elections would be dated.
I find it bad. Perez can hide now behind Martins for another 2 years. :depress:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts