59,120 Posts
Other semi

Inter/Getafe/Leverkusen

V

Wolfsburg/Shakhtar v Frankfurt/Basel

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
If we somehow manage to beat Getafe, Leverkusen is a dead-cert loss with this current 'defense', so I won't bother thinking too much about the EL.

Something tells me we'll have plenty of time to prepare for the new season....

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
On the bright side, we aren't ready to face @Ronaldwho? 's Man U...dude would give us non-stop grief.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
If we somehow manage to beat Getafe, Leverkusen is a dead-cert loss with this current 'defense', so I won't bother thinking too much about the EL.

Something tells me we'll have plenty of time to prepare for the new season....
Understandable pessimism based on the current reality.

1 clean sheet for Inter in the last 7 games post-resumption. And it was against set to be relegated Brescia...

In those 7 games we conceded 10 goals. And we know that those 10 goals could well have been 20 had not for Handanovic making several saves against Bologna, the posts Bologna and Verona hit, the awful finishing of Gervinho, Cornelius and Faraoni..

One match at a time, though. No point worrying about Leverkusen til we face Getafe first.

In one off games who knows...

·
inbred amoeba
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Don’t worry guys, this is going to be an easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy title for Inter. You will thank me later for opening the thread for you.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
"Nutmeg lol"

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Surely a win over Brighton or whatever and being in 5th place a million points behind Champions Liverpool isn't enough to say that United are back? They won EL in 2017 so even if as expected they win it this season, they would still need to win EPL or CL to be back to Sir Alex standards of success. Dude commentating is way too overexcited.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I did like him calling stepovers 'lollipops', though. Never heard that before.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Most memorable 'lollipops' move? Obviously Ronaldo v Lazio in UEFA cup final 1998.

Imo EL should be renamed to its old name: UEFA cup, and UEFA should bring back the Cup winners cup.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Yeah I remember seeing that during the draw. Dude who said it was basically calling himself a loser as he won it with Bayern himself lol, silly.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
He didn't say he called it that though. However the statement itself is not wrong, EL is basically for shit clubs ever since the CL got so blown up.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts