Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
games on thursday @ Alvalade.

Doesnt look good for us, but oh well. I Hope Sporting can play good and come out with a win.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
games on thursday @ Alvalade.

Doesnt look good for us, but oh well. I Hope Sporting can play good and come out with a win.
Despite me thinking that Sportinguistas are haters and wish us nothing but the worse I will have to say that I hope Sporting wins even though this City team is the best team left in the Europa league.

I haven't seen any good football from your side but think that Sporting can at most manage a tie or win at home, but I cannot see you guys knock City out.

With that being said, Portugal needs points, good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Just came back from 12 days in Frogland in time to watch the slaughter. :happy:

I expect nothing from this tie so in fact we have nothing to lose.

Starting line-up:

Rui Patrício
João Pereira - Xandão - Polga - Insúa
Daniel Carrico - Schaars
Izmailov - Matías Fernández - Diego Capel
Ricky van Wolfswinkel​

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
0-0 at HT

A surprisingly positive first half from Sporting, with everybody showing to be really focused and motivated. Man City seemed happy to contain our attacks in the same way they played at Porto in the previous round but then again that's the way they play against most of their opponents.

Matías was our best player on the pitch showing his great skills and in general everybody in our side had a good first 45'. City had two good chances both coming from corners, the eternal achilles heel of our defence.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

XANDÃOOOOOOO!!!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
What a fantastic goal by Xandão, first shooting against Joe Hart after he saved a freekick from Matías and putting it in with a backheel on the second attempt.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,475 Posts
Watchinn it at a friends office on the PC ..... cuts off every so often, but at least we can keep track of the game

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
At 59' Mancini brings on Nasri for Barry. Sá Pinto brings on Pereirinha for Izmailov. Oh well.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Why oh why don't we play like this in the league? We are outplaying fringin' Man City!

At 69' Sá Pinto makes the second change: Renato Neto comes in for..Matías. I guess he is happy with the 1-0.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts