Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 3569 Posts

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I will take the risk and create a new transfer thread. :D

Hopefully we from now on can use this and one of the admins could perhaps make a sticky of it?

Lets go culés, sign a damn CB!

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This says all about Zubi in this transfer summer. :wallbang:

@Youngcules: Zubi's taking 3 weeks to complete the transfer of Denis Suarez, a signing that's been close to completion for 2 weeks. Forget about CB.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Wow a new transfer thread? seriously? :D

The old one is like from 2002 or smth. No offense but let's keep it imo - unless it causes trouble to anyone?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,841 Posts
Apparently it doesn't lood quick enough for he mobile users. I am fine wid it. Not the right summer to do it though. Seeing as we are not even gonna sign an autograph now.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
If there is a problem with loading times i suggest renaming the old transfer thread Transfer&Rumours till xx.xx.2013, unsticky it and let it fall down and replace that with this thread.

Any objections, opinions ?

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Ok Guys, the old transfer thread has been unsticked and the link to that is the following :

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59510&page=1325

Summary from the last pages is

* Still no new CB. Apparently we have moved from Hummels to T.Silva to David Luiz to Daniel Agger to Mamadou Sakho.
* Hopeful mentions about Etoo. Bring him back!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
A few minutes ago TalkSport are running the story that Luiz has said he wants to join us ( Barca) . Not sure if they mentioned an official transfer request ,though .

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Good move, this will make for better browsing.

We need a CB like a fool needs a slap in the face. So Sakho has admirers on here, cool. Lets see what happens now that we're finally after a realistic target.

·
Registered
317 Posts
On what planet did Caceres have strong physicality when he was 21? He was a scrawny young weakling who compensated for being outmuscled by being reckless in his challenges.

Sakho is bigger, stronger and more tactically disciplined.
During 07/08 he was outstanding in the back four of Recreativo, and I remember a wb/cb who combined strength with pace.

But my point is, Sakho's distribution and control of the ball will be none of Barça standards. I think he will turn out to be worse on the ball than Puyol, but maybe Tata will not have a soft spot for playing cb's, to the same extent as Guardiola.

But to answer your question:
-This.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I hope that this thread will be more lucky and successful since Chiggies, Henriques and Hlebs left in the old one. Lock it, quickly, they can escape!

And lock Zubi, too.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
So are there two transfer threads now ?
For a brief moment there were but now the older thread has been locked. As discussed above and in the old thread this was made due to the old thread being difficult to read through mobile devices due to its massive size.

So, all posts regarding the boards inability to sign a CB belong to this thread.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
...and some other stuff.

Did you inform the trolls about the new thread? They can't waste time figuring out the situation.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Tweet from barcastuff (@barcastuff) - barcastuff (@barcastuff) tweeted at 11:10 AM on Wed, Aug 14, 2013:
Barcelona are interested in Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo (26). They already wanted him last year to replace Seydou Keita. [bild]

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Tweet from barcastuff (@barcastuff) - barcastuff (@barcastuff) tweeted at 11:10 AM on Wed, Aug 14, 2013:
Barcelona are interested in Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo (26). They already wanted him last year to replace Seydou Keita. [bild]
I'd prefer Dembele over anyone if we are talking midfield options

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
We have no room for a midfield signing. If we wanted to sign someone, then Jonathan and Sergi Roberto should have been loaned out.
Having said that, Gustavo is a good player and I think he'd fit.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
...and some other stuff.

Did you inform the trolls about the new thread? They can't waste time figuring out the situation.
Sadly not. A calculated risk taken in the hopes of that our forum would survive without their input.

Regarding Gustavo, sounds like a good idea and im thinking hed be available at a good price taking into account his abilities. Though, wed actually need a CB considering we already have 2 extremly capable DMs on our roster. Though i guess this is our policy, DM means CB and CM means CF for Barca.:wallbang:

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, that is what I also fear. Remember us signing Song because Tito thought he could adapt as CB? I hope they not gonna try that stunt again with this Luiz Gustavo. I'm fed up with these experiments in defence.

Buy a proper CB ffs!

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Yeah, that is what I also fear. Remember us signing Song because Tito thought he could adapt as CB? I hope they not gonna try that stunt again with this Luiz Gustavo. I'm fed up with these experiments in defence.

Buy a proper CB ffs!
Oh forgot about that dude. That is, we already have 3 DMˇs on our book.

1 - 20 of 3569 Posts