Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know from the liverpool fans if u r happy with this sign or not.. do u guyz think he'll have a good chance in ur starting line-up? should he replace Hesky or Owen?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Definitely an excellent signing...

very exiting forward and only young at 21...

about dislodging Heskey and Owen...lets just say he will add another dimension to our attack..(i.e. more change of formations)

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well I agree with BOSH here.. I feel he's gonna be simply excellent.. all that rubbish about him not scoring all through the WC does not mean a thing as his form was simply fantastic..

And I do agree that it might be a "re-adjustment" to the attack plan rather than fighting those 2 attackers spots with Heskey and Owen..

And I think that's the best thing to do.. why?? well, we kinda know that Heskey and Owen like and sometimes do function well together.. But that isn't the case all the time.. and there are games (or parts of a game or so) where they are totally out of whack.. I think that's when the team should slightly shift their attacking concentration to Diouf.. But if in the end.. GH does go with two attackers.. I think Heskey will be edged out and will turn into a role similar to what Anelka was playing last year...

Oh.. has Diouf officially signed???

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's definitely going to be very interesting to watch him play for us!

He showed some nice moves in the World Cup. Hope he'll do fine here :hopefull:;)!

Oh it's by the way my first post here at Xtratime :happy:.

Forza Liverpool:star:!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Welcome Lunder, let's hope that you are not the only Dane to join us this season......I'd like to see Rommedahl at Anfield!
Diouf will be a great signing for us. Apart from his dribbling skills, his ability to lay off the ball so quickly and accurately should esure that he links up really well with Owen. We have lacked a "give and go" player and he will offer us a new option. I must also say a word about Salif Dioua who was really impressive throughout the world cup, especially his goal against Denmark (sorry Lunder). He could well be for us what Viera is for Arsenal....he even gets sent off like him:D

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
guys, u need to monitor this guy pretty close :eek:
he s got undisciplined written all over his forehead ;)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Zacxaviqer said:
Izzit a done deal between Diouf and Diao to liverpool?
Most definitely. :)
Congrats on the acquisitions, guys! You get the looney! :D

Ciao.

Forza Cheyrou.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pool

Why the hell do you want Rommedahl in Liverpool?

You need 5 or 6 strikers who all are 7 foot or more in the box to have a chance to reach his crosses.

He's perhaps the fastets player in europe, and he's in remarkable fyscical shape(During the WC - he's heart rate would be at least 10 beats pr minut lower the the second lowest after sprints), but he cant hit a ball.

Lets give him a year or two and let him improve those crosses, then he will become interesting.

Grønkjær or Løvenkrands is another matter - I would love to see one of those. Løvenkrands is almost as fast as Rommedahl(How do we produce so many fast wings??), is young and technically brilliant. He can drible, shoot and cross.
Grøndkjær is a bit slower, but he can operate on both wings, and can produce crosses and shot on goals with both feet and is an excellent dribler, whos used to play in the PL.

Please GH - buy them both :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree with what you say Redknapp,but if we wait for Rommedahl to improve his crossing, his price will rocket. Let's buy him now and stick him in the reserves whilst Houllier works on him. The one thing Houllier really can do is improve an individual's ability..witness Oewn's left foot!
As for Gronkjaer, he is an excellent player, but is he injury prone? He missed a fair part of last season for Chelsea. And Lovenkrands? Well I always question the desire of a player who at the peak of his career chooses to waste his time in the Scottish Premier League. Is he really serious about his football or does he just want the money?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts