Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Laziale there's not much to be excited about these days, so this game comes at the right time.

Exactly how exciting it will turn out remains to be seen of course.

The squad isn't exactly in good shape with all the injuries and the players that are fit aren't in the best place psychologically.

Already one advantage that our opponent has is that their fans give them tremendous support at home, and possibly on the road as well.

So this won't be easy. Then again, I'm sure that our charismatic coach will do what's necessary to motivate his players.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Gonna be like night and day when it comes to the atmosphere...

It's pretty much 50-50 on the field, though. Althought the group stage got little attention amid our Serie A struggles, we actually performed quite well. There's a reason to be a bit optimistic, even.

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LLSN has this as the expected lineup:

Marchetti; Konko, Mauricio, Hoedt, Radu; Milinkovic, Biglia, Parolo,; Candreva, Matri, Lulic

Not a lot of surprises. Anderson has been relegated to the bench lately and Morrison is not even with the team, but that's pretty much business as usual.

It could go either way. We do have quality in the squad. The league may be a write-off this season, but we're still in with a shot in Europe.

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1-1, a pretty good result. We avoided defeat in an environment that certainly favored Galatasaray and got an important away goal to boot. :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
1-1 is not a bad result at all, even though we had chances to win the game.

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but so did Galatasaray. I don't think we have much to be unhappy about.

·
Registered
436 Posts
A surprisingly decent result. I didn't think we would come with any points from turkey.

Is Lazio interested in passage to the next stage and specifically for the Europa League?
I sure hope they are!

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Away goals are everything in this competition. 0-0 or 1-0 in the next game and we're through.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Yes, a very good result which gives us the upper hand in the tie.

Would be crazy not to take EL seriously now that there's little hope of achieving anything in the league.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts