Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is it my dears, we are back in the center stage, time for another final :D

has been over 20 years since our latest one, but we are ready to face it!:musik:

Not only are we back in amsterdam to play a final, as we are staying in a hotel that was built back in 1962, when we won a final for the last time

this has to be a good omen, has to be!

besides, wally will be at the stadium, and im counting on him to be our lucky star tomorrow night:D

Players called by Jesus:

Goalies: Artur Moraes, Paulo Lopes , Bruno Varela;

Defenders: Luisinho, Maxi Pereira, Garay, Melgarejo, Miguel Vítor, Jardel, André Almeida, Roderick , Luisão;

Midfielders: Aimar, Ola John, Carlos Martins, Salvio, Gaitán, Matic, Urreta, Enzo Perez , André Gomes;

Forwards: Cardozo, Lima, Rodrigo , Kardec.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Força Benfica!

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Força Benfica!

you have to make up your mind really....supporting us here and chelsea in their forum doesnt suit you ;)

·
Registered
59,073 Posts

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont recall the name of the hotel, but its a 5 star one, located in the posh area of the city ( so they said), in the same area as Van Basten lives....

its lovely that our fans will stay where the home fans do :proud:

ps. the room where i stayed when i was in amsterdam had similar beds, but it was clean and the frontdoor was quite pitoresque , so it wasnt the same hostel :D

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
226 Posts
It'd be nice for a Portuguese team to take this.

Benfica have also lost sooooo many fecking European finals, they r due to win 1!!!

PS Nice pic of O Barbas. I remember eating at his restaurant as a kid. Costa da Caparinha if I'm not mistaken!

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes that the Costa da Caparica Barbas....i actually never ate there:D

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i hope you dont mind me posting this wally, but it looks awesome :proud:

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Força Benfica!!

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I spent one day and night in Amsterdam. Great city and culture. However, it has to be the most confusing city to move around. This was about 15 years ago, but I don't recall too many street signs. My buddy and I were walking around with a map and completely confused as to where we were.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
yes that the Costa da Caparica Barbas....i actually never ate there:D
I make a habit of eating there every year.

So far nice game by Benfica, if only we start taking shots. We're not going to walk in with it, boys.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
you have to make up your mind really....supporting us here and chelsea in their forum doesnt suit you ;)
He's doing his best to imitate a real Portista. It's feigned, no worries. His real team plays in Spain.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Should have been 1-0.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Ouch.

Second time in 5 days that a player in blue takes a championship from your in injury time.

Chins up, guys. You played great. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts