Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outstanding result at home, 2-0 over Porto. Everyone in group now has 3 points with the home squad winning each match. Feyenoord on top by goal difference.

Highlights:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I thought the game started at 8 and missed it. What a result. Typical contemporary Feyenoord. Lose to minnows, beat the opponents we really shouldn't be able to. Stunning goals both, and Vermeer put up a clinic between the posts - some pretty amazing saves there.

I've said it before that I think we actually have a lot of quality in our starting lineup, and that at times shines through. I'm still not sure if we have an actual gameplan or a footballing identity as a team.

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
We did well. Larsson and Toornstra were our main standouts.

Fortunate too that Porto didn't score when they hit the woodwork, which we did later too.

The group is now completely open with all sides on three points. Our next game is away to Young Boys on the dreaded artificial turf :D

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FIFA and UEFA need to ban artificial surfaces. Did you see the argy-bargy about the AZ-ManU match being played on the [email protected] ADO Den Haag "turf". Embarrassing for the Netherlands, IMHO. Time to use real grass in every stadium.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts