Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got CBS All Access so I will be able to watch this LIVE, while I am "working", heh heh. Forced to work from home, I will just turn my TV 180-degrees so that I can listen in and turn my head when it gets exciting.

Expected lineup:
Bijlow
Nieuwkoop, Geertruida, Spajic, Haps
Toornstra
Teixeira, Kokcu
Berghuis, Linssen, Diemers

I fully expect Advocaat to give Bannis a runout near the end of the match. We need a striker, and Bannis showed some promising minutes last season. Bozenik out, Jorgensen out, Linssen not really a #9, nor is Narsingh.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
In all likelihood I won't be able to watch again. I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment and that's creating all sorts of problems for watching football...

We really should be able to take this one though.

·
Registered
59,171 Posts
A fit counterattacking team from what I've heard. Well we can't really create stuff when we have the bulk of the possession so maybe we'll see both sides not wanting to have the ball lol

Geertruida is expected to start in midfield with Botteghin starting alongside Spajic in defence

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Totally bizarre! Twice, the Wolfsburger attacker -Wernitznig- froze his legs running through the box to fool the ref into awarding PKs. 0-2 after just a few minutes. Are they not using VAR in Europa League group matches? The TV reviews clearly show NO contact in either case.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Feyenoord score in the second half, Narsingh cross to Berghuis who puts it into the left side. But, Wolfsburger player runs into Bijlow who had an equal chance at the ball, knocks him over, and teammate scores to make it 1-3, but no foul call on Wolfsburger. And then, Bijlow comes out to punch the ball away (again, equal chance on the ball) and gets called for a penalty. Another PK for Wolfsburger, now 1-4.

This ref is incredulous. Refuses to allow Feyenoord goalkeeper an equal chance at the ball, and calls penalties on Feyenoord only. Srđan Jovanović of Serbia. Worst. Ref. Yet.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Horrible calls by the ref!
If the other team is playing well, I give them credit. But the ref was responsible for all 4 Wolfsburger goals. Three penalty kicks, all questionable that likely would have gotten overruled by VAR. The first two you can clearly see the Wolfsburger player freeze his legs for the flop. After the first flop, I was sure the ref was going to book him for diving, but it was PK instead. Clearly seen on replay, the Feyenoord players didn't touch him either time.

The third PK was on a goalkeeper who had an equal chance at the ball, but was penalized for it. The third goal had the Wolfsburger player knocking Bijlow over so that he was out of position for the shot. I note that there were two Serbian players on Wolfsburger squad and a Serbian ref.

I enjoy a good competition, but this result looks highly suspicious.

·
Registered
59,171 Posts
What an embarrassment. We were terrible. Could hardly create anything in the first half. Only when Narsingh came on in the second half did it look like we could maybe do something, but my oh my, that ref. Botteghin's penalty I could live with, but the second and especially third one looked dodgy.
Wonder if we'll hear more about this in the next few days or is this just sour grapes from us?

In any case well done to Wolfsburger. 0-4 against BMG last season and this.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Ok I watched the highlights. Genuinely don't think I've seen worse refereeing ever, when it comes to admitting goals/penalties. This guy makes Kevin Blom look like Collina. I think even the Botteghin one was laughable. Genuinely looked like he was out there to get us. Is there no VAR or did the ref just refuse to consider it? They have the power to do that far as I know.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there no VAR or did the ref just refuse to consider it? They have the power to do that far as I know.
There is no VAR during the Europa League group stage matches and I am pretty sure the Wolfsburger #24 knew that. He is the one with the frozen legs in the penalty box and "got" the first two PKs. Shameful playing and shameful refereeing. Also, there were three Serbs on the Wolfsburger squad, with two starters. No solid proof, but the ref decisions were highly suspicious.

·
Registered
59,171 Posts
Yeah, that surprised me, the no VAR bit. Maybe we're spoilt now, but even RKC-Emmen has VAR. Felt like a Bulgarian league match with the ref doing whatever.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
They really should have VAR in the Europa league. This doesn't help improve the league's reputation as it already receives flak for being irrelevant and amateurish.

I actually really like EL because you see other teams than the usual suspects as well.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually really like EL because you see other teams than the usual suspects as well.
Same here. I like the Europa League, because you get to see clubs from smaller countries, like Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, and etc. The Champions League basically has the same clubs season after season and that gets boring. But the level of officiating with the EL is problematic if they don't use VAR. I am still pizzed about the Wolfsburger match.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts