Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Also Kroos has a serious dip in form
It was mostly his fault for the first goal not putting a few feet pass through that led to the counter

Kova marking Messi was also crucial in fhe goal,he stubbornly stayed with Messj while no one was running back to mark Suarez

I think the team in their heads lost la liga long time ago

Seems to me that a team gets frustrated by our forwards for not converting
At least Benzema was actually helping in organization of the game but obviously

The team has his energy deflated after pushing so hard with no result

The team wont endlessly run so Ronaldo can lurk behind defenders and screw chance after chance

I am more than sure the team had enough of Ronaldo.They wont play a game with a player less every game.

Its probably even an agenda to get him sold.Isco, Asensio ,Ceballos are all probably trying to get rid of Ronaldo and i cant blame them

Anyways lets see what we gonna do in CL

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
This Barca team don't concede at all, staggering really this season

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Arguably the worst Barca team of recent memory this, too, without injured club record signing, first choice CB injured, Iniesta 34 in May. And they’ve just absolute dominated double European (and world) champions.

Dermot Corrigan
‏Kinda mad how a team can win five trophies in one calendar year - but reach the end of it looking very much in need of a reboot...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am waiting for the regular

"We played good,but we did not convert" - non sense from Zizou
Yeah, it makes actually doubt his ability to discern the weaknesses of the team if he thinks lack of conversion is the main, let alone, only problem of the team.

He has to work on 1. having everybody defend to deny the opponent chances; 2. run for God's sake - every team, big and small, ALWAYS (yes, always) outrun Real Madrid (How is this normal?); 3 get players like Marcelo to stop committing 20 mistakes 20 times per match (passing the ball to the opponent or putting into touch for no reason); 4. admit that we don't have a goalkeeper (Checkout that first goal - I haven't seen the others); 5. understand that this Benzema experiment is too costly for the club.

Zidane would have brought in his go-to player (Lucas Vasquez) if not for the red card. He does it everytime Real Madrid is chasing the game, which makes you wonder why this attachment to certain players when we have finer players on the bench.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Benz has been off this whole season. Ronaldo has been old this old season. Those 2 upfront means we have no offense. It's simple as that. Zidane needs to grow some ball and bench either one of them or the both of them.

Our defense and midfield can do their job, but when your offense is not bothering the other team, and keeping them on their toes, eventually they will cave in like today.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
The crucial first goal was however down to Real Madrid bizarrely opening up their midfield for Rakitic to stroll through. Kovacic is being blamed for this, though Casemiro was also absent. Casemiro then lost the ball to allow Barcelona to break and eventually, after two Suarez misses and a Carvajal red card, score a second. Real played a significant part in their own downfall, but it took a brilliant side playing brilliantly to fully punish them

Isco refused to continue warming up after Zinedine Zidane reacted to the red card by bringing on Nacho, according to AS.

https://as.com/futbol/2017/12/23/primera/1514036576_221089.html?id_externo_rsoc=CM_ES_TW_Sa_14_52_none&__twitter_impression=true

·
Registered
17,343 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Arguably the worst Barca team of recent memory this, too, without injured club record signing, first choice CB injured, Iniesta 34 in May. And they’ve just absolute dominated double European (and world) champions.

Dermot Corrigan
‏Kinda mad how a team can win five trophies in one calendar year - but reach the end of it looking very much in need of a reboot...
That's because we gloss over the problem of unprofessionalism in the team. By contrast, Barca players are professional. They may be, on the whole, inferior to Madrid, but they know what their job is, focus on it and give their all until the final whistle.

Let me give my favorite example: If you cruise your Lamborghini at 60 miles an hour, the guy in the Toyota Corolla that squeezes 95 miles per hour from his small engine will zoom past you.

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
Cant blame Kova, as he was obviously instructed by Zidane to man mark Messi. Casemiro is the one responsible for covering that space where Rakitic strolled into (note: strolled). Sure one can argue that Kova should've left Messi and put himself onto Rakitic but then Messi would've been unmarked and i'm not sure that the situation would've turned out better

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Barca just conceded seven goals in 17 La Liga games so far - just 1 in the 7 since Vermaelen came in for injured Umtiti

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
They are showing the forst goal over and over and i simply dont understand what is going on here

Carvajal not running at all for Suarez

Kova marks Messi till the end

The defenders dont do anything they just jog around
Its mind boggling

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Cant blame Kova, as he was obviously instructed by Zidane to man mark Messi. Casemiro is the one responsible for covering that space where Rakitic strolled into (note: strolled). Sure one can argue that Kova should've left Messi and put himself onto Rakitic but then Messi would've been unmarked and i'm not sure that the situation would've turned out better

I said at start Casse is not needed and too slow for this game
Also Benzema and Ronaldo also rusty and completely out of shape

We bought players that we dont use
I dont get out tactic for this season at all

Was not this supposed to be a season where the new players will get chance?

Kova was one of our best players and i just hope somehow we sell Entire BBC and let these youngsters develop

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Real Madrid’s biggest win or bust game under Zidane but not one of Bale, Isco or Asensio started

Zidane had to be more pro-active today. Came out not to lose in a game he had to win. Yet lost anyway.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Zidane - " i know tomorrow people will bash me,but i stay firmly behind my tactical decisions and nothing will change"

This is what he literally said.Rly?

101 - 120 of 135 Posts